Florida to Maine & back

Shorty

We are in the planning stages of a 3-4 week trip from Florida to NE Maine and back. Wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs. Been RVing for many years and have always wanted to do this route. 2 years ago it was to the other end if I75(because I'd never been there), over to Wisc and back. Had a great time, wonderfull people everywhere.

I'm just looking for as many ideas/thoughts/suggestions on where to stop, where to not
Road to take...or not

We normally just drive till we want to stop.

Driving a Class A with a Jeep in tow, just to let you know.

Thank you in advance for any ideas

Shorty

Florida to Maine & back

Hey there everyone
need to have your 2 cents worth on a campground...ocean front(if possible)...Delaware/Maryland/NJ that also has rentals for a family reunion.
Thanks
Shorty :cool:

Ed H.

Florida to Maine & back

Sounds like you have a good grip on how long to spend.
I would reccomend that you not take I-95 through New Jersey and the New York City area. I did the Jersey part once and that was enough for a lifetime.
From the Baltimore Beltway (I-695) take I-83 north into Pennsylvania. Pick up I-81 around Harrisburg and ride through the Pocono Mountains. Get on I-84 east at Scranton and into New york just north of The City. Or from Philadelphia take I-476 to Scranton. Either one will get you around some nightmarish traffic and through some pretty country.
You can ride I-84 into Connecticut if you want, but the highways around Hartford are also very trying. A lot of local on-and-off traffic with a few left-lane exit ramps thrown in for fun.
A more relaxing way into New England is to take the New York Thruway (I-87) north to pick up I-90 east into Massachusetts and use I-495 north to get back to I-95 at the New Hampshire border.
There are some very nice non-interstate routes through this area as well the I could tell you about if you drop me a line.
Have a great trip.
Ed

Shorty

Florida to Maine & back

Thanks for the response Ed. sounds as you've been that way a few times.
We have always tried to take the more senic routes when possible. So yes. please let me know what they are.
I was told about a place called kittatinny and was looking to that also.
Was even thinkin 'bout trading in the RV for a newer one. Funny thing tho, anything with a slide in a gas model doesn't fit a 6'6" person ;)

tcorbitt

Florida to Maine & back

quote:Originally posted by Shorty

We are in the planning stages of a 3-4 week trip from Florida to NE Maine and back. Wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs. Been RVing for many years and have always wanted to do this route. 2 years ago it was to the other end if I75(because I'd never been there), over to Wisc and back. Had a great time, wonderfull people everywhere.

I'm just looking for as many ideas/thoughts/suggestions on where to stop, where to not
Road to take...or not

tcorbitt

Florida to Maine & back

quote:Originally posted by Shorty

Road to take...or not