food spoiling/boondocking

adamant

from week to week's it seems like some food starts to go bad in dry storage...
1. peanut butter
2. jelly
3. salid dressing..
4. and i know there is more...
i know this type of foods can't keep for weeks,...but it should last for 6 mo. or so..
we opened the jelly and it had mold on iy,the peanut butter was 1/2 oil on top...
any of you go through this?
ant

ARCHER

I guess you mean inside the camper/rv. When I am not using the motorhome, we take all the food stuffs out of it and to the house. I leave the windows ajar some to keep air flow and I put in a moisture absorber (like for use on a boat) in the sink (to catch overflow water). oh, I also open my top/roof vents (have the covers for them) and we leave the doors open to the closets/storage areas inside.
I'd guess it is a humidity problem you are encountering.
Try the above and see if it helps. I don't ever have this problem while we are using the MH.
Good luck :)

the7ofus

I do not leave any food items in my motorhome between trips. All food items whether they are in a box can or bag, openend and un-opened are removed the day I return.

I also make sure all kitchen surfaces are clean and dry. The fridge/freezer is also cleaned and the doors are left open.

Like "Archer" I leave the roof vents open for circulation, I also have those nifty covers that keeps the rain of the bed. oops