Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

5-6-05 @ 1:00pm 2004 ford f250 diesel 6.0 14,000 miles This is the 14th time at the dealer for the same problem. They had it for 4 days this time and still can't figuere out the problem. The "Diesel" machanic is going on vacation for a few days so they can't look at again until Tuesday. No rental car was authorized "again". Thanks for the customer service Ford!

AC

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Got mine back today with new EGR and "Computer Upgtade" installed again. Again We'll See. So far, less than 100 miles and it's going OK, but the last time I put about 3000 miles on it before it started the same antics.

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

5-10-05 @ 3:00pm Ford hot line has dealer trying to fix it all day. Nothing worked. Ford finally decided to replace the entire turbo. My truck is down, and "F"ing Ford will not pay for a rental car again. Terrable customer service as always. Dealer says it will take at least a few days. This is my 5th Ford ($39500.00 worth) , three of them were new, and this is how a valued customer is treated. Never ever again. FORD YOU SUCK!!!!

Shadow

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

BLAH BLAH BLAH, ya'll need to go to Fords web site and complain to them. Thought this fourm was set up to help each other out, not to bash a particular product. This topic started with a legit question, and now has progressed to nothing to offer but a place to vent.

FLOVE

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

I SOLD FORD CARS AND TRUCKS FOR ABOUT 10 YRS. SO LAST YEAR I PURCHASED A 2004 FORD F350 LARIET, D/W, 6.0, CREW CAB, LONG BED TO START A AUTO TRANSPORT COMPANY MY TRUCK HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP MORE THAN ON THE ROAD 1ST TRANS. RECALL, THEY REBUILT IT NEXT I WAS IN CLEVELAND AND WHITE SMOKE BLEW OUT THE EXHAUST AND I WAS STUCK IN OHIO WITH CARS ON MY TRAILER, SO I DROVE IT 1 MILE AWAY TO GANLEY FORD IN OHIO AND SMOKE THERE PARKING LOT UP AND LEFT IT THERE, 2 WEEKS LATER IT WAS FIX :cool: AT LEAST I THOUGHT :disapprove: THEY REMOVED INTAKEMANIOFD REPLACE EGR COOLER, SO ON THE HOME I PICKUP SOME CARS TO MAKE BACK THE LOST AND AROUND 50-60 MPH IT LOSES POWER AND THEN IT SHOTS BLACK SMOKE OUT THE IT TAKES OFF MAN MY COMPANY IS OVER GONE BACK TO SELL CARS NOT FORD BUT LEXUS. I HOPE THEY START BUILDING TRUCKS.

Kenneth H

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Funny you should say that. I was talking to a Toyota dealer 2 weeks ago and Toyota just broke ground somewhere in Tennessee on a truck factory. They said that within 10 years Toyota would have a full line of trucks to compete with the "big three" including diesel one tons.
Shadow, you are right that the first question was ligit. The others posts are too. If your Ford is running, count your blessings. I have had 3 and there will never be another in my driveway.

FLOVE

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

OK TODAY I WILL BE DROPING THE TRUCK OFF AT WORLD OF FORD IN VA FOR LOSS OF POWER AT 50-60 MPH AND THE BURNING OIL SMELL SO I WILL LET U GUYS NO WHAT HAPPEN OF COURSE THE WILL BE GIVEN ME A RENTAL, LATER

flyboy1

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Hey Kenneth H has the right idea. I have a 2001 Toyota Tundra and its the closest thing to perfect I have ever owned in a motor vehicle. I pull a 27' Thor Citation ( empty wt 6100 lbs ) and this truck just keeps on getting up. I was a die hard Ford man but no longer. I am looking forward to Toyotas heavy duty line to come out. I have heard that it could be alot sooner than 10 yrs. My truck has 62000 miles on it and the engine still idles so smooth I have to look at the tach to make sure it is still running.
flyboy1

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

My truck needed a new turbo they say. After 16 months of it running bad, and more time in the shop than on the road, I hope that this was the problem. I am not sure why the dealer put 86.4 miles on it in the last four days though. Oh well what can you do. I drove it around for a few minutes and it runs better now than it ever has. I will drive it for a while and give an update later. Have a great day!

C Nash

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Come on now unhappy ford owner are you going to start complaining about the 87 miles they put on it now. :laugh: I would think they were just trying their best to make sure it is "maybe" repaired. Here I am a chevy man and defending Ford :eek: . I do know that the ICP sensors are giving a lot of problems on the 6.0. Keep us updated

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

C Nash After 16 months of a $40,000 truck running terrable and ford dragging ass on fixing it, YES I am complaining. Are they trying their best? Not a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep on defending

C Nash

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

I can understand your flustration and sure would like to see some documation on this problem. Has it been at the same dealer? Hope you are keeping records of each trip. Do know that there is something new added to a vehicle on the average of ever 27 days and it really takes a very smart tech to keep up but, that is what the so called reps are supposed to help with. Still don't think you should complain about the 87 miles. I drove a customers car 60 miles and used two rolls of masking tape hunting a wind noise but, I did find it. Got paid for 15 min warrenty work. If you have a digital camera maybe you could post some of the repairs that have been done. Ask the dealer to come on here and post why they have not been able to repair. Also know that a lot of techs hate to see the 6.0 coming so you see I am not really defending no one and I agree with Shadow. I hate to see bashing of products from one side. For all we know you may be a Chevy dealer :laugh: Remember the smilly face means just kidding around :evil:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

One of my camper customers has turned in 2 F-350 King Ranches in the last 10 months for various problems. He called Navistar and the person he talked to stated that the 6.0 was designed with a vacuum turbo. They ship the engine to Ford with one. Ford takes it off and installs an electronic controled turbo. He stated that was the root of a lot of problems. Another problem is that Ford has not trained any mechanics. Navistar is swamped daily with Ford mechanics calling and asking questions. That phone call happened about 8 months ago, so Ford may have done some training by now. Both trucks he turned in were 2004's. He is a die-hard Ford customer and has a 2005 now. So far he has had minor problems, but nothing like he had with the others.

Just BeClaus

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Ho! Ho! had that ford product once...never again...never again...learned my lesson... had it more times in the shop I almost missed Christmas. NOW a Duramax IS the way to go (GM)has more power that any Ford ever had and no problems...

TAYLOR

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

I have a 2004 Ford F250,6.0 Diesel. Without a doubt this truck has ggiven me more problems in a short amount of time than any vehicle i've ever owned. I've already had it in to the dealer 4 times for the same thing ( hesitation, sputtering , no power, and dying out. I ahve secured an attorney and contacted Ford for the arbitration papers to lemon law it. We'll see how it goes. I've got a 28 ft Keystone Laredo Travel Trailer and I informed Ford that this could be a disaster waiting to happen if it starts stalling out and bogging down when pulling thru the mountains etc... The first time I took it in they found the FICMA harness was grounding out ( nice ) , three weeks later the EGR valve was replaced, twoo weeks after that ( still doing the same thing ) they replaced the accelerator pedal assembly, I drove it home and took it back in again today. I spent $42,000 on this #$%$#@ and if they buy it back I don't know if I want another one. I've had four F150'S and never / never had any problems. Too bad Ford doesn't use the Cummins . Any ideas folks

Grandview Trailer Sa

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Any ideas, yep. Go try out a Duramax/Allison. I had 3 Fords and will never have another. If you test drive a Duramax, you will be floored. The ride is better, the mileage is better and the power is there.
I got back from a trip to Indiana last night. I went to pick up a camper for us to sell. 615 miles for me one way. At 608 miles, my low fuel light came on. At that point, all I can stuff in is 29 gal. You do the math. I hooked up to a 27' travel trailer weighing 6,954lb. It took 1.5 tanks to get home. I drove up there in 10.5 hours, drove home in 11. (I don't let grass grow)
I have had a lot of trucks in the past 20 years, I have 2 Duramax's right now. These are the best so far. Just try one out.
That's my opinion, that and .50 will get you a cup of coffee in some places.

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Got burned by Ford back in '95. :( Used a '94 Chevy w/6.5 turbo for 11 years only problem was fuel pumps and Chevy replaced them when needed at no charge. Pulled anything I backed it under Including an 8T furniture sander. Guess who I went back to for a new one (Notice the username) :) . Sorry Ford owners it's hard not to brag when you have a Duramax... :cool: I am what is known as a Happy Camper

Grandview Trailer Sa

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

I have had 2 great Dodges with Cummins. A 1997 manual and a 2002 automatic. The only problem the '97 had was the 5th gear came off about 100k miles. Back then, the gear was held in place by a nut on the end of the shaft. The nut came off and the gear slipped out of place. I took the rear of the tranny off and fixed it myself. Honestly, it never went back to the dealer I bought it from and aside usual maintenance, that was the only problem I had. I bought the '02 used, with 28k, and the automatic was going south. Under warranty, my local dealer put in a new transmission. Little things along the way, but at 110k, I traded it off very happy with it.
I understand that in '06 they will have a full size crew cab. I might have to look at them again, but I do love my GM's right now.