Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Drew

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

I took my 2003 in for the 06e17 recall my truck has aftermarket exhaust an air box, and chip I took the chip off befor I took it to the shop, they did the recall and I pick it up when I pick it up it I pluged my chip in it was reading DTC codes po341 and p1000 I cleared the codes and it was running like s-it I took it back to them and they said it was because I cleared the live memery and that I need to but a stock air box on it to fix the problem. Has any one had this problem and can any one help.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

I think they are feeding you a line of what you described how it is running. We reprogram a LOT of trucks with Hypertech products. Never heard of a truck running right when codes are present and never heard of a "live memory". Why don't you try another dealership and see what they say.

wrench

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Hello everyone, I'm new to any internet forum but I was surfing the web for 6.0 diesel info. I work for FORD and can't even get enough help from techline.I was a 12 year veteran of Chrysler and never had problems with a Cummins that couldn't be resolved in a timely manner...oh I forgot we basically only had to do maintenance. International doesn't even recognize this engine as being a viable powerplant..whoops. We have 6.0's that will not leave in our shop and dealer priciples who won't step up and realize there is a problem with this engine. What is really funny with Ford is that the F 650 and larger trucks have CAT and Cummins as options. If you want to get reliability Get a DODGE with a CUMMINS my 94 has 423,000 no problems only 1 lift pump. Good luck to all with buy backs. go DODGE.

johna

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

If aftermarket injectors solved the 6.0 problem, Ford would be labeling them (genuine ford parts)and using them. I'm afraid it's a junk engine. Pure and simple. I know, after 19 injectors and 32 visits to the dealer for a whole host of problems on my 2003 F-350 6.0 boat anchor.

earl1948

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

the light comes on because of a faulty sensor, what is commonly called the "sniffer" I have had it replaced about every 10,000 miles.
As long as it is under warranty it is more of a aggrevation than serious problem. The dirty gas story is Ford's stock answer. Make sure you drain the seperator before going back to the dealer.

Bob

usdahuskr

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Hello everyone, another new member here. Was reading all thats going on and just had to register to put in my 2 cents as well. I want all to know as if you dont already, the problems aren't fixed and aren't going to be with this engine, I am as logic would rule, haveing the very same issues with 2006 f350 dually, have had burning oil smell since first oil change and coolant smell as well, 58,000 miles have had both sides of heads done, and 3 injectors at same time, egr has been replaced, cracked front wheels which has been a unmentioned problem however ford is aware of it as they replaced the wheel at no cost/out of warranty have had several other problems as well. This truck is on its way to a new home quickly. as ford WILL NOT help,as stated in prior post only dealer can get them to do something and warranty only fixes these problems for so long as we all know, only options back to older truck 7.3 or dodge/chevy? Long story short for anyone who just so happens to come across this forum or is thinking of one of these trucks DONT!!! unless of course you have 50,000.00 to throw-away . I Have owned ford for 35yrs now, will not buy another until I know they've stopped the bleeding and fixed there product issues. best wishes and Good Luck

greg7.3

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

I have pulled with all 3 diesls and have wored on all of them,i just can't belive that there is no cure for the 6.0,ford has always had a good diesel and there are a lot of 6.0's out there and some are coming out of warrenty. I think that they have more power than they can handly,we need a programer to turn them down. what do you think?

usdahuskr

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

all this means to me as far as some coming out of warranty is that as a owner of one as I am that the fix and cost now comes out of my pocket. first off ford should know better from others trying the aluminum heads on cast block routes, and second injector problems are out of control, they are now offering any 03 or 04 owners of these trucks 2500.00 extra in rebate incentive to get them to stay with ford and buy yet another 6.0 same parts same problems NO FIX, at least not a permanant one as stated mine is a 2006 having same problems as all prior years, been through it all and going through it again, heads reaplace both sides and fuel injectors, also once again they say egr just simply a shame and a real big pain in the you know what - stay as far away form it as you can I dont care what ford does. the dealer i bought mine from has more 03 and up for used than anything else and simply do not want any they along with anyother dealer ive talked to low ball big time for trade 7.3 liters are simply out of this world price wise due to all the problems with the 6.0 ... just one owners experience and advise, THINK ABOUT IT if your planning on using this truck for anything other than personal use,,, big no no $$$$$$ out of warranty before you know it a paying to fix a 4 year track record of problems, God Bless . usdahuskr

duanel

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Our 03 F-550 with a 6.0 has been in the shop more than on the road. we have replaced 4 sets of injectors, a high pressure oil pump and the turbo. This truck has 154,000 and we bought it new. 1 set of injectors were covered but the rest was not. Now we have to put new heads on the truck because the old ones have come off so much. We own 7 Fords and will NEVER buy another.

johna

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

My sentiments exactly! What baffles me are the people who say they are waiting for a new engine or think that by now Ford must of worked out the bugs in the 6.0. and would consider buying another Ford. I believe in the old adage, 1st time your fault, second time my fault. I've learned from my mistake.

MsJohnDeere2006

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Hi Everyone,
After reading all of this and listening to my brothers advice (he's a mechanic) My next truck will be a Dodge with a Cummins. My husband and I both love the Ford, but wow we surely don't need these kinds of problems. Some friends of ours had a Ford with a 6.0L and are having alot of the same problems on have read on here.

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

hey there. anyone else with blown head gaskets?
please let me know.
and is the truck at stock?
did ford cover it or tell you what caused it?
i am trying to help out a friend.
thank you!! :question: :blush:

scunged

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Hey, newby here. Just wanted to share my experiences. My employer runs eight of the 6.0 fords 03-05. WOW! What a nightmare. We have experienced all of the problems discussed here, including dealer denial. Through frustration I had my truck towed to an independent shop and after days of head scratching they discovered that the lining of the fuel tank was flaking off and clogging up the fuel filters , thereby , burning out the injectors. This truck has been fine for the last 8,000 miles. Since this revelation we have had the dealer replace the entire fuel system on 2 more trucks.The shop manager admited to me that there was a problem with the tanks. He warrantied one, got his butt in trouble, billed me for the next one, and completely denied our conversations.He wont return my calls(he takes a lot of vacations, I guess) Needles to say , the bill has not been paid, and the company attorney has a new mission. Before you buy a ford, buy stock in Tylenol. At least you will get something for your money.

voyagrs

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

This is my first post... My truck history. 93 Dodge, 94 Dodge ( lemon lawed )96 Dodge ok. 2003 Ford,ok, 2 2004 Dodges, 2005 Dodge 2005 Ford..All bought new, all diesels..The new Dodges, all traded in.The dealer could not fix vibration problems..The 2005 Ford OK 10000 miles..the cummings is the best motor..but the Ford is a much nicer truck..Much smoother. The 5 speed torqueshift is the best trans Ive ever owned.. The 6.0 as of January 06 has almost been redefined..Its supposed to be fixed..I just bought a Sportsmobile with a Ford diesel. What this all means is, I have to stop changing my medications!!!!

Grandview Trailer Sa

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

I've had 2 Dodge 3500's, both good trucks. 3 Ford F-350's. My Dodges rode and performed much better than any of my Fords. If there is ever a Ford parked in my driveway again...I HAVE COMPANY

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

ok. thank you to those that answered my question. how does everyone feel about banks power? have they handled their "problems"?
any info is really appreciated :) .

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

ok. thank you to those that answered my question. how does everyone feel about banks power? have they handled their "problems"?
any info is really appreciated :) .

FEDS4477

Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

:laugh: I had the sam e problem with my 2004 F350 6.0 diesel. I used to tow a race trailer all over the country. It also blew all the intercooler lines off. There is an easy fix. They have to replace all the intercooler air tubes & fittings and a couple of sensors. GOOD LUCK..