Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

coderis

RE: Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

2004 F350 Crew Cab dual rear wheel and nothing but problems with it. To much to list and the truck is sitting in Pittsburg with my 5th wheel trailer at the moment with the cab off of it and they are replacing the head gaskets. These trucks have aluminum heads, I can just imagine what they look like. By the way I live 5 1/2 hours away.
Where do I sign up for the class action suit? Last month the EGR cooler went and dumped all the anti-freeze out the exaust pipe. After it steam cleaned the top of the motor.
This month the head gaskets went.
I got alot of info from the tech in or around Pitt. A lawyer would love to know this info.
Just lead me to the class action.
Please.

coderis

2004 F350 Crew Cab dual rear wheel and nothing but problems with it. To much to list and the truck is sitting in Pittsburg with my 5th wheel trailer at the moment with the cab off of it and they are replacing the head gaskets. These trucks have aluminum heads, I can just imagine what they look like. By the way I live 5 1/2 hours away.
Where do I sign up for the class action suit? Last month the EGR cooler went and dumped all the anti-freeze out the exaust pipe. After it steam cleaned the top of the motor.
This month the head gaskets went.
I got alot of info from the tech in or around Pitt. A lawyer would love to know this info.
Just lead me to the class action.
Please.

r2afordfan

I have an 04 6.0 that just burnt a piston and Ford will not warranty the engine has anyone else had problems with an injector sticking and ruining their engine? shirley@co-isp.com :angry:

r2afordfan

Re: Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

I have an 04 6.0 with a blown motor from overfueling supposedly. Ford won't warranty it and it only has 58K miles. Has any one else had similar problems?

nnvjeeper

For those with problems on the 6.0L, try this website:

http://www.ford-problems.com/powerstroke-transmission-problems.htm

Yea, it's not a FORD site, it's a bunch of lawyers who specialize in the different states lemon laws. However, if you want to know what legal ramifications you have to get your FORD either fixed or replaced, I know several people who have said this is a good place to start. These lawyers know their stuff!

Good luck!

DL Rupper

Time to revive/update we still have unlucky RV'ers that have 6.0L Ford Power Strokes.:laugh: :laugh: :evil:

superrv60

Hi,

I am reading about the injector problems with the Powerstroke 6.0 on here and wanted to put in my 2 cents.

There is a great product called Hot Shot's Secret that Lubrication Specialties puts out that will help rememdy this problem. It was developed and tested with International/Navistar.

The company's website does a good job of filling in the blanks and answering any questions customers usually have about this problem and the product.

You can see them at http://www.lubricationspecialties.com

Good Luck!

superrv60

Just wanted to give an update..

The old 6.0 is sailing along just fine...even on these cold winter days...no hard starting and no idle issues.

The http://www.lubricationspecialties.com site is featuring a pretty cool deal. Right now you can get the Hot Shot's Secret treatment as well as 2 other great additives for one price.

I wish I had seen it before I ordered my maintenance treatment.

Since I have been using it I have not had any issues with sticking injectors and like I said the performance is great even when the temps dip below freezing.

I found it on this offer on their site by clicking the "special offer" button.

I hope that this helps!

Good Luck! :cool:

artsamm

I have a 2004 F250 ext cab with the 6.0, bought it Sept 2009 with 50000 miles, now has 70000 miles. No problems so far. ABout 8K of the miles I put on has been towing a 5500 lb camper.

jetboat

I tom have a 6.0 in a 2004 f350,and got it used with 46000miles.Problems.3 bad injrctors,(covered under warranty,3 EGR replacements,aunder warranty.My local dealer recomened to do a EGR delete,change the oil/water seperator/fuel filter/every 6000 miles.And install a watr filter between the raditor and overfill.The last thing they added was the "bully dog programer" So far with now 65000 miles,no problems towing,and mpg went from 9/10 towing to 12/13 towing,(35' sanpiper w/3 super slides) I keep it performance mode unless towing,and have suprised more mustangs/camaros/some vetts/with the performance bully dog gives. :)

All I needed to read was the thread title. I didn't read any further. I just went through the fiasco with this engine. I bought an 04 F350 Super Duty Lariat. I spent $20,000 on what I thought was the truck of my dreams. It turned into a nightmare leaving my wife in tears and myself in rage.

It can be summed up in one word: RUN!!!!!!!! Run far away from this POS that Ford KNOWS is garbage, and is currently suing the maker, Navistar, because of this engine.

Here's the problems in Coles notes: poorly designed oil cooler and EGR cooler. Poorly designed turbo charger.
What happens is the oil cooler fails...which in turn makes the EGR cooler fail. This will lead to loss of coolant, oil in the degas bottle, white smoke, loss of power and ruined turbo and pitted heads. I spent over $2,000 to replace the EGR cooler, only to be told I now needed a new oil cooler, only to be later told I needed head repairs...totalling over $10,000 in repairs.

Ford should be sued by a class action lawsuit. Just look up any diesel forum, power stroke forum and any Ford truck forum....ALL THE 6.0'S HAVE THE VERY SAME PROBLEM.....THEY ARE A PIECE OF SHITE!!!!!!!!

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grandview Trailer Sa

Yes, the 6.0 is the best boat anchor ever to be put under a hood. The 6.4 was not much better and that is why Ford is using their own engine now, in the 2011's.

Makes my Duramax so much sweeter......

I think I can top all of you. I am a member of an all volunteer fire department. Our auxilary busted their butts to buy us a new rescue vehicle in 2005. Why oh why did they buy a Ford? Fast forward to 2010. The truck has all of 6,350 miles on it when the check engine light came on. ODB II says its the EGR valve. Did I mention we are less than 10 days after having our warranty expire? A whole 40 miles and two weeks later on the way to a medical emergency it craps out! Its at the dealership now where it is having its, drumroll please, turbocharger replaced. Stay tuned to see which part craps out next on "Why in the %(&*$$*$##*!! did we buy this&*&$*&#&^%^*&(*)^%$$%%!" Gotta love those 6.0 gravity reminders. Oh and don't tell me its because of poor maintenance/fuel/driving. Its a damn emergency vehicle. They have to be serviced at a level that exceeds any dealer recommendation for any vehicle even under extreme driving conditions. Our fuel is the same that the state runs in all of its emergency vehicles and drivers have to be licensed at a higher degree than just a regular driver. The things are just pieces of junk, I know two people personally who have these trucks and they have had the same types of trouble. It can't be the drivers/fuel/maintenance, there are just too many of them all over the country with the same problems. And that's why I personally drive a Chevy. :)

C Nash

Are there NO postive reports on the Ford out there. :eek: Hasen't been that long ago the Ford was cream of the crop for towing. :laugh: Well I forget about DLs Dogde :laugh:

danfranktx

The 2004 F250 6.0 diesel is a lemon.... Ford needs to recall or buy back these trucks... The EGR valve, head gasket, oil pump, HP oil pump all FAIL on every truck.... :angry: