Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

unhappy

Unfortunately, I have to become a member as well. I'm having the same problem as "vortechf150" that he posted on 5/7/06. I bought a 2004 F350 with 36,000 miles. Everything was fine for a while, and one day it wouldn't start. It cranked but wouldn't start. The next time I tried it, it started right up. A few months later, it did it again, but this time it wouldn't start a day later. I changed the cam sensor, and it started. It has done this 3 or 4 more times since. The last time, it wouldn't start for 2 days. I took it to the dealer, and they have no clue what's wrong. There are no error messages, so they have no idea where to start. Has anyone else had this problem or have a clue what to do...? :(

DL Rupper

Re: Ford 6.0 Diesel Problem

Hey Unhappy, welcome to the forum. Did you read through all 9 pages of Ford 6.0L Diesel Problems? I'm sure you can find info on your problem in there. :(

unhappy

Hello, thanx for the welcome. Yes, I did read through all of them. Actually, he seems to be the only one with the same probelm. Everyone elses is transmission, power loss, exhaust or something else. I'm not sure what's worse. At least theirs will start, but once mine starts, it seems to run great, at least so far... I've been going back and forth between the dealer and Banks for the turbo. The dealer tried to blame it on Banks, but they say there's nothing wrong with their system either. Since "vortechf150" said his was new with only 1400 miles on it, I'm assuming he didn't add any after market stuff to it. If he did, he didn't mention it. I'm going camping all next week, and I'm really hoping it doesn't do it while I'm there. I really don't want to get stranded... :eek:

DL Rupper

I think I would blame Ford. Banks products are pretty reliable. I have a banks exhaust brake that is controlled with a computer chip and it works great.

Since the 6.0L Power Stroke seems to be unreliable, I think I would consider selling it privately and looking at Dodge CTD's or GM Duramax/Allison's. The pre 2008 models would be where I would look and give the Big 3 manufacturers time to sort the bugs out on the "new clean diesel" 2008 models.

s.harrington

My partner has a GMC 5500 with the duramax 6.6L in a custom built toyhauler and hasn't had any problems in 4 years. He uses it on a regular basis since he and his daughter race semi-professional motocross.