Ford 6.0l Turbo Diesel Problems

Greyone

I have a Ford 2004 F250 Super Duty Crewcab with the 6.0 l turbo diesel engine. One month ago I was on my way from central CA, towing a 28ft. 5th wheel, to Oregon to pick up a 34ft. 5th wheel. About 250 miles into the trip I got a check engine lite. The truck had only 7500 miles on it. I pulled into a Ford dealer in Sacramento and they informed me that the turbo charger needed to be replaced. One day later the truck was complete and we we off again. After I picked up the 5th wheel we headed for the Oregon coast. Returning down the coast to CA we noticed a smell of diesel fuel in the truck cab. The smell didn't last long. When I returned home I called to get the scheduled oil change at the Ford dealer. They then informed me that I had excess fluid in the crankcase and they suspected that the excess was diesel fuel. They also informed me that there was a recall for replacement of the injector harness. Changed the oil and they told me to return the truck after 100 miles to check for diesel fuel in the crankcase. I have not returned yet.

Does anyone have any idea what could have caused the diesel fuel to get into the crankcase? The Ford dealer won't tell me anything.

I now understand that there are two more recalls.

DL Rupper

Sounds like you should have bought a Dodge Cummins diesel. No pun intended. The Cummins engine is rock solid.

C Nash

harness was probably defected and picking up a signal when it shouldn't and injecting to much fuel. Should have been getting poor fuel milage. Let us know what you find out after returning to the dealer. Talk to the tech.if you want to know anything. Management still thinks the computers fix the vehicles :eek: