Ford 6L Diesel motor problems

Jack Marcus

I have a 2006 Ford Diesel P/U. I am semi retired and deliver RVs part time from
Indiana all over the USA.
4-16-07 with 130,000 miles I broke down in Hope Arkansas with a bad injector.
A week later while at home--4-25-07--another injector.
on Aug 10th 07 a EGR Sensor was replaced and now my Ford is at dealer with
oil getting into the coolant (I understand it means the motor is shot)
Its a 2006 truck--it is now 2007!!! Ford says sorry. I Googled "Ford 6L diesel motor problems
a few days ago and was shocked!!! Had I known all this I would never had bought the Ford.
I cant afford repairs so I am trading it for a New Dodge and will have to take the "hit".
Its a crime!!! Ford knows when the truck leaves the plant it has a defective motor and only hopes you
get to 100,000 before it falls apart.

G

RE: Ford 6L Diesel motor problems

I had a customer of mine that bought a brand new 06 dually in Kentucky ,, and by the time he got home ,, 200 miles or less ,, the thing was overheating ,,, he took it to our local ford dealer ,, and guess what ,, they said oh yea ,, u got enigine probs ,,, we new about that ,,, he left the keys and the truck with them and called a lawyer ,,, never found out what happened ,, but i do know ford is trying to pin the blame on International ,, since it's their engine ,, I smell another ford ,, firestone thing coming out of this...
Bty our local abulance sevice Rural Metro is also going after ford ... they have had half their 05/06 fleet tear up and 10 of them were during emergency calls...
I want to see what comes of all this ;)

DL Rupper

Re: Ford 6L Diesel motor problems

Hey Jack Marcus, welcome to the forum. Take a look at the 9 pages of posts on Ford 6.0 L problems. Too bad you didn't know. :(

H2H1

RE: Ford 6L Diesel motor problems

Hey Jack WELCOME TO THE FORUM, I understand your problem. my brother son bought a 2007 ford diesel and like never got it home. the following day he went to work (firefighter) worked his 24. He took back to the dealer and they kept it for 3 weeks call said it was fixed. On the way on it stopped. call a wrecker to take it back to the dealer. He went and got 2500 dodge heavy duty diesel and I can say he is very happy smelling the diesel. good luck

G

How did i know u wer gonna say that :question: :laugh:
Bty , i'll take Cummins fumes anyday :bleh: :approve: :)

C Nash

And to think the old Ford diesel was one of the best. Just another case of build it put it out there and let the consumer suffer the testing. Man, I can see DL grinning from ear to ear :laugh: Shame on you DL :eek: ;) ;) :evil:

H2H1

did DL put a curse on the Ford diesel :question: If so way to go, sorry about that it just sounded good. I do hope those who has a diesel Ford and had a problems gets some satisfaction from Ford

sphiasearch

I work for kellogg service in mead wa. we have an 04 6.0 and man is my boss ticked. when i started 2 months ago the crank shaft oil pump went out which knocked out the turbo then the inter cooler and just 2 weeks ago the head gaskets went. that is our main tow truck and its putting a damper on things. how i would love to put that thing on cruise sontrol at 100 and let her rip towrds wendle ford. there are 16 people or buisnesses i have found sueing ford so far and im pretty sure we are next. my only thing is whats next after i fix the head gaskets. this is getting stressful enough as is. and to fix the heads you have to take the cab off and im telling you right now that was fun especialy with a semi truck wrecker pulling it off.