FORD CHASSIS VS GM CHASSIS

rv252

I have been looking for a 1999 Pace Arrow Vision 36B which came with either a Ford or GM chassis and drive train. One person advised me to only consider a GM chassis as the Fords have experienced "numerous problems and lack of power." Does anyone have any information or opinion on this?

C Nash

The 99 ford v10 was a little low on power and the GM 454 was probably a little better but, I think the ford chassis was better than chevy in 99. Ford F53 chassis did have some viberation problems so drive them and if it viberates run. (AJMO)

Gary B

HI rv252, I agree with Chelse, will add the the 99 Ford V10 can be rechipped at a Ford dealer (and elsewhere) for a 30 hp gain putting it on par with the 454/7.4L and later V10's but the 8.1L gm is problay more powerful, that most likely why Ford just came out with their upgraded V10 with 3 valve per cyl. Most of the viberation problems were due to bent/out of round rims and should by now all be replaced, but you cann't count on that for sure. My experience with the older P-30 Chev chassis vs the Ford F-53 is that the Ford wins hands down. Now the new Workhorse chassis are a different story, much much improved over the old GM P-30's for handling and load carrying.
Good luck. :) :cool: :approve: