Ford F350 vs GMC 3500 Help!!!

WolfFox

I am looking at purchasing 5th wheel vs a Class A DP. Need to TOW vehicle. I talked with my mechanic about the Ford F350 diesel and he said although he is a Form man he would not buy one. He told me to go with the GMC 3500. HE said that they are having a lot of problems with the F350. He said he is not sure if the newer ones are fixed but wouldn’t take a chance until they have a proven track record. How about some of you that owns either. Can you help me with some info? Thanks

Shadow

What type of problems did he say the ford was having. I'm hearing a lot of good things from people.(all ford owners ;) ). Test drive all of them ford, chevy, dodge. You'll be able to tell what suits you best. Heck if Chelse can drive a ford they can't be all bad. :laugh:

Gary B

Hi Wolfox, Ford had some problems with the 6.0L when it first came out, as far as I know it been fixed, Chevy has had injector problems with the DuraMax also, I think they have it under control, as both are new engines it take some real world experiences before all the bugs are found and gotten. As Shadow posted drive them all and see which one you really like, all three make a good trucks so see which you like best and go that way. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:

C Nash

Shadow, I was just fixing to go to bed and now you done gone and reminded me that I've been driving a ford :eek: Nightmare tonight for sure now :laugh:

PS WolfFox, do as Gary and Butch suggested and drive them all. Buy the one you get the best deal on and feel confortable in.

Shadow

Sorry Chelse I just couldn't let that one go by. Speaking of new fords, I heard your not going to need a break controler. You plug in your trailer and it's all tied in to the abs breaking system. Wife won't let me look at the new trucks yet, maybe next year. Pulled the 396 out of that chevelle and put a 454 in it. :laugh: It's going to make a hell of a toad one day.

C Nash

Butch, Just woke up from a dream I had. Dreamed I had nstalled a 8.1 chevy engine and a workhorse chassic in tht ford. been trying to get the son to let me have his 327 akohol (never could spell that word)injected CHEVETTE for a toad but, fuel milage would be terrible about 5 gallon to a 1/4 mile Man, it would really push that V10 ford
Sorry Wolfox Butch and I are kinda getting off your subject

marble_signs

i was a chevy man. drove a dodge sad...was going to buy a chevy and stopped by the ford dealer to just see and ordered one one week later.i drove the chevy and too much plastic....i ended up with a ford KING RANCH 350 duelly with everything for just under 43k. sticker was 49060 make sure you get an x plan if you go to the ford dealer. i am so happy and i can tow the ass out of mother earth if i had a large enough chain thanks randy