ford or workhorse

shellee

I have been looking at RV's for the last 4 months, I am confused about the ford verses chevy chassie, Could some of you RV pro's show me the way?

OpenRoads

Re: ford or workhorse

As for me: I drove both Ford and Workhorse in the same make and model of coaches.

I decided after that test drive. You owe to yourself to drive both of them.

Good Luck on your decision.

H2H1

RE: ford or workhorse

Hey Shellee, I have a 2003 Fleetwood Southwind. it has a 8.1 Chevy workhorse. I am happy with it but it does love gas. I purchase mine last Nov in Atlanta. So for we are very happy with it. As I read the forum everyday I get different opinion on gas -diesel-- Ford-- Chevy. I think you need to test drive both and do so going up hills and on expressways that way I think you get a better feel of the power and ride. good luck see u on the road

C Nash

Find the floorplan you like and go with it. Both chassis will serve you well. Like others said drive several to get a feel of which you prefer. I am a Chevy man but, my Ford V10 F53 has served me well :)

Shorty

If I can offer my 2 cents...I agree with C Nash, find the one you like, but with a gas, I wouldn't go over 32-33 ft. I have tested both newer chassis and they seem to act the same.
On another note, I joined the RV Consumer group a while back and the information that comes from them along with this forum are what you need to find what you want.

firestormpro

WELL I AM A WORKHORSE TECH AND A FORD FAN I LIKE THEM BOTH IN DIFFERANT WAY SO DRIVE AND SEE WHICH ONE YOU LIKE BEST ALSO REALIZE MOST OF THE CHASSIS PROBLEMS I FIX ARE CAUSED BY THE COACH BUILDER. THEY LOVE TO DO DUMB THINGS LIKE BLOCK THE AIR FLOW FROM THE RADITOR MOUNT THE AIR INTAKE WRONG RUN SCREWS THRU WIRING HARNESSES. AIR FLOW IS IMPORTANT AS MANY WORKHORSE UNITS ARE MELTING THE CENTER PLUG WIRES AND MANIFOLDS DUE TO LACK OF AIR FLOW AND ALSO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH GETTING WATER IN THE AIR CLEANER WHICH CAUSES THE MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR TO READ WRONG MAKING THE ENGINE RUN POORLY AND WASTE GAS. ALSO RV OWNERS TEND TO IGNORE RECALL INFO ON THEIR UNIT I JUST DID A 5 YEAR OLD RECALL ON A UNIT LAST WEEK SO NOW WE CHK EVERY UNIT FOR RECALLS WHEN THEY COME IN CAUSE WE CAN USE THE REPAIR MONEY AND YOU CAN USE A CORRECT UNIT. I HAD A GUY COME IN A COUPLE WEEKS AGO WITH BOTH MANIFOLDS BLOWN HE DID NOT WANT THEM FIXED TILL I POINTED OUT THEY WERE STILL UNDER THE 7 YEAR 70,000 MILE PORTION OF HIS WARRANTY THEN HE WAS HAPPY TO LEAVE WITH A QUITE UNIT.

miket

Firestormpro ----- please use lower case, caps is considered shouting ----

If you are an authorized Workhorse facility, you owe it to your customers to check their Vin in WOW ---

The customers should register at Workhorse.com so they can see if any campaigns are open on their rigs.