Forest River Class A Gas RV

Hero 1

Does anyone have any info on the Forest River brand of motorhome? We started looking looking at RV's about 3 month ago, and found a 2007 Forret River Class A that someone purchased, and then traded it in on a Diesel. It listed for $150,000 and is reselling for $85,000.
Before purchasing the home we would like to see if anyone out there has a Forest River and if you are satisfied with the line. The one we are thinking about is a Georgetown :)

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Forest River Class A Gas RV

Welcome to the forum.
You need to check out other pages on this and other forums. I expect there were more reasons than getting a Diesel that this motorhome was traded in so quickly.

dalebear

New to this forum , I have had my 2003 326ds georgetown sence new and it has been a great RV . Oven door had a scratch in the gass and they replaced the stove with a new one. any other problems I had were taken care of . Never had any leaks and the roof I just keep it up. If I buy a new rv again it will be a FR. Fit and finish could have been better , but for the price I can live with it.

Dalebear

C Nash

Welcome to the forum Dale. Good to hear a good report on FR product. Been few and far between here. Don't let this be your last post. Great bunch here and tons of opinions. Join in with yours.

dalebear

Hi All

Thanks for the welcome C Nash

I started out with a airstream trailer and hated backing it up and went to the A class FR and love it just wish it had 2 slides up front. Travel with 2 dogs and could use the extra room. The CCC was stated at 4000lbs was another reason I liked it. Have seen to many RVs that if you gained a pound you were over loaded. I would never put that much in it but nice to know its not over loaded. Will have to have the hitch upgraded to 6000lbs to tow my hummed h3t. Only thing inside to fix was the recall of the fridge. I have learn a lot from the forum and everybody seams to be nice on here. If you RV and like pets your OK in my book.

Dalebear

DL Rupper

Thanks Dalebear. Glad you like your RV. It helps when the RV cooperates and lets you enjoy RVing. :)

dalebear

Hi all you great RV people

Have any of you replaced the couch and table? I am looking to remove the couch and put two recliners in and a couch were the table was with a remoable table. Take out the barrel chair and put in a cabinet with a TV in its place. How hard will it be to move all the tv cables and wires? Any help out there?

Dalebear

Kirk

Dalebear,
"Will have to have the hitch upgraded to 6000lbs to tow my hummed h3t." :dead:

Let me suggest that you give some serious thought to this before you do so. You could easily discover that one of the reasons for the limit on what you tow from the manufacturer is the fact that all class A gas chassis have extensions welded to them and that extension is the main reason for the towing weight limit. Tow more and quite often the extensions will bend or break. You may continue to be lucky, but you also might not.