FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVCOMPLAINTS

DO YOU OR HAVE YOU OWNED A 2004 OR 2005 FOREST RIVER INC. RV? HAVE YOU HAD MOLD, LEAKS, DRY ROT OR STRUCTURAL PROBLEMS? IF SO WE WANT TO HEAR YOUR STORY. WE ARE A SMALL RV DEALER THAT IS AUTHORIZED TO SELL FOREST RIVER RV'S. WE WILL NOT SELL THE PRODUCT TO OUR CUSTOMERS BECAUSE OF THE QUALITY ISSUES NOTED ABOVE. WE ARE TRYING TO GET THESE MATTERS RESOLVED WITH THE MANUFACTURER BUT HAVE NOT MADE ANY PROGRESS. WE ARE PRESENTLY PURSUING LEGAL AVENUES TO RESOLVE THESE MATTERS. IF YOU HAVE HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS WITH YOUR FOREST RIVER PRODUCT PLEASE CONTACT US WITH YOUR STORY.
THANK YOU

WAYNE MERRITT - RVSMERRITT@AOL.COM
TONY WATSON - RVSALES@RVSOFMERRITT.COM
LOREN ETTEMA - LOREN@RVSOFMERRITT.COM

DL Rupper

RE: FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

I guess that kills any recommendations for Forest River Products from me :bleh:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

All I will say is I wish them "good luck". I quit selling Forest River RV's because they would not pay me my warranty claims. They still owe me almost 2K and I know I will never see it.

kimrickb

I have a 2006 Forest River Sandpiper Travel Trailer. I have owned it for 3 months. My husband was just getting it ready to be put away for the season and we discovered water damage. The RV dealer has been really nice but they now will have to go to the manufacturer. I'm concerned reading what you are talking about. I have informed the RV dealer that I do not want the camper we have. How do you go and fix carpets that are soaked and cabinets that have water lines across them. I'm just sick about the whole thing. I hope my situation will work out for me but if not I will be contacting an attorney as well.

Kimrickb

Grandview Trailer Sa

See my posts in your other threads, but again, Forest River can take it back and rebuild it, if nessessary. They can make it look new.

cherylls

Why would a dealer troll an rv forum for "legal research"? We have a Forest River product and have been extremely happy with our dealer service and service which we had done at the factory. We would purchase another forest river product in a heartbeat.

Kirk

cherylls
He probably does that because he wants to find owners that are not his customers. How is that wrong? It isn't like there were no other dealers who have problems with that company.

kimrickb

I'm not going to have my camper rebuilt. I bought it new, and I shouldn't end up with something used!!

:angry:

kimrickb

I'm with you Cherylls. I'm happy with the camper I bought and this far the dealer has been good. I just don't feel that I should keep a water damaged camper. I would be happy for them to give me another one without issues.

C Nash

Kimrickb, I can understand how you feel and don't blame you but, don't hold your breath until you get a new one. Give them a chance to do the repair and keep papers and pictures. It can be repaired as good as new but will probably take time :disapprove: . We buy them to use them but if you don't use it in winter this would be a good time to get it started. Did any of this result from negelance on your part and what was the cause of the leak? If it is not repaired to your satisfaction go from there. let us know how you come out.

kimrickb

I had emailed you guys before. You are right. Forest River will not warranty anything. They just throw it back at the dealer. They are rude and I would never reccomend them to anyone. They claim when a dealer buys from them they have ten days to inspect for any issues. Beyond that, they have nothing to do with the camper anymore. I'm so upset that I was treated the way I was treated with Forest River Manufacturer. We found a slit in our rubber roof and they want the dealer to put a patch on it. Isn't Forest River's big sales pitch a sealed roof?? We have water damage and the dealer I bought it from is even saying they will not pay them back for any work they have to do. Buyer Beware to anyone buying a Forest River Product!!

kimrickb

TAS

I DO NOT HAVE AN 04 OR 05 MODEL. I HAVE A BRAND NEW 07 MODEL THAT HAS TOO MANY PROBLEMS TO MENTION. NOT GETTING SATISFACTORY HELP FROM FOREST RIVER. WE ARE TOTALLY DISGUSTED WITH OUR NEW FIFTH WHEEL. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO GIVE MORE INFO IF IT WOULD HELP.

TAS

KIM
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU WHEN YOU SAY THAT YOU BOUGHT YOUR CAMPER NEW AND SHOULD NOT HAVE TO HAVE IT REBUILT. I AM IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU. OUR FIFTH WHEEL NEEDS TO BE REBUILT DUE TO LACK OF QUALITY ON THE PART OF FOREST RIVER. I WILL NEVER BUY A FOREST RIVER PRODUCT AGAIN.

iresq

:angry: :blackeye: :8ball: :dead:
My wife & I bought an '06 Sierra FW back in June of ’06 from Walkabout RV in Hewitt, TX and there is not enough time or space to describe how upset (I’ll keep it clean), frustrated and disappointed we are in our dealer and the quality of our 36' Sierra FW.
Everything that I have read so far is exactly the same for us. Poor quality, leaking slides and a 13 page punch list that my dealer has not even started working on because he can not get the parts from Forest River? I can not even get in touch with Forest River Inc? If I would have known that Warren Buffet owned this company before we bought it, I would have “Walkabout” my butt right out.

I am sure this is just the first of many long threads to come. I too would like to know what other problems folks are having and we would support any type of legal action that is “legal”. Like others have written, I bought a brand new rig and I want what I have paid for. Nothing more and defiantly nothing less!!!
:( :( :(

Grandview Trailer Sa

I had a conversation with an employee of Forest River today. I asked how things had changed with Warren Buffet as the owner. He told me that he did not hear near as much from the Corporate Office. When Buffet bought the company he gave a small fortune to the man who started the company. He then left him in charge. He when on to say that he now did not worry near as much about daily operations and is not seen around the various plants nearly as much as he once was. He now has a hugh bank account, makes a decent salary, etc. Not worried about it.

But to think about it, I called him years ago, when they would not pay my warranty. He never called me back and I did not get paid, so maybe nothing has changed after all.

Kali_Mist

ForestRiver's main problem is the People they hire..They take anyone off the streets i know this for a fact, its hard for them to find workers and a 8.00$ an hour price. Then there QC department is a joke...If your a dealer sometimes you just have to eat the loss, they sell cheap enough anyways. Something like a split roof is structural issue and they are no doubt responsible for it & legal action will get you somewhere, but make the customer make the legal action, cosmetics issues wont get you anywhere thru the courts, i know this for a fact....ForestRiver is the Largest privately owned RV Manufacturers in the Country/can you belive that! No doubt they make some cheap crap, but they sell and at a cheap price Dealers make alot of money off of ForestRiver..

iresq

Well I work for one of the largest Mobile Home & RV manufactures in the nation and yes I bought a unit that my company did not make. Maybe that was not a good idea, but if I was to have the same type of problems that I am having with Forest River I could not seek legal action against my employer (well and stay employed). I am on the mobile home side of the company, so I don’t have much knowledge about the RV side of things. I do know that Quality & Service is a must for any company.

routabit

I had a down payment on forest River in 2004, but got cold feet and unraveled the deal. They were good about it and now after hearing all of the problems, I guess there is something to be said for a "gut feeling" when it just didn't seem like the right thing to do at the time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.