FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL Rupper

Re: FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

WOW, what a shock. I pulled into our campground today and low and behold there was a beautiful Class B Motorhome sitting in front of the office. As we passed, I said to my DW "look at that good looking Class B". About 5 minutes later, as it slowly passed our RV site, I was shocked to see that it was a Lexington GTS by, you guessed it, Forest River. I know from checking out Forest River 5th Wheel trailers, that they generally are glitzier, shinier, and have fancier paint/decals than their competitor's and sell for a lower price. I imagine it holds true for Class B's as well. Too bad the internal quality of Forest River products don't seem to live up to the expectations their exterior good looks seem to generate.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Being a "dealer" I hesitate to report this.

I got a phone call today from a man from Texas. Traveling through Virginia, he is at a campsite near me till mid August. He has a slideout leaking "like a sive" he says. Turns out it is a Wildwood by none other than Forest River. It is under warranty. They have offered to give him a topper to "fix" his leak. The local Wildwood dealer won't touch it. He called me and begged me to install his topper saying he would pay me my labor then get it back from FR. Being the good guy I am, I said I would. Hope this does not come back to bite me.

The makers of toppers tell you that they are not a fix for a leaking slideout. The problem has to be fixed first, then the topper will do what it was designed to do.

DL Rupper

Forest River keeps popping up . Everybody wants to know about them. They sell for LESS MONEY because they are made LESS WELL. To put it mildly the quality control stinks or is totally lacking in the manufacturing process. :( :(

DL Rupper

RE: FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

Time to revive again. They must sell these poor quality products super cheap because everyone is looking at them. :(

gljIII

We had an 04 class A. Popped the windshield three times - they replaced the glass once, then rebuilt the front end (twice) - finally determined it was constructed out of square. Continued having scary noises over our heads and ended up dumping it to save our sanity, losing some significant bucks. Our (small) dealer had problems dealing with FR - they're now out of business. Dealer also had at least one other rig with a similar problem which did leak and rot out behind the cap.

Regarding QC, while on the factory tour we noticed a crack - again in the upper front corner on one unit - and mentioned it to our "guide". He insisted it wasn't a crack (it was) but just some kind of over-running goop, and rushed us out of there fast.

Everyone was extremely nice and polite; however, results stunk.

vinniek

I was told the company, Forest River, moved their entire operations to Canada. May be an effort to evade United States justice. I see many of them on the road, but then, 80% of all warranty work seems to be on slides. In 30 years RVing we have had 14 different units, never a slide, never a leak. Fact is, had one coach with a front door...rain water and snow in each time we opened it then you walk across your carpeted living room (my wife would not stand for that at home or in the coach)....we are now now back to a side door under a full awning. Maybe I am too paractical to be a modern RV comsumer.

Love being on the road....becareful out there! :) :) :)

C Nash

Think I'll go get me a 6.0 Ford and a Forest River trailer and then maybe I can quit this expensive hobie :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: :evil: ;)

ARCHER

Does anyone know why people at Forest River are not willing to even try and respond to some of these nasty posts? Are the statements that true that they are afraid to even open their mouths? Man, if I was the CEO, I'd sure be reading stuff like this and I'd be hauling my quality control folks into my office expecting answers as to how to fix the problems or I'd find some new managers real quick. Guess they don't care. Guess the public just doesn't care that "you get what you pay for".

DL Rupper

As long as they continue to build a RV that looks really nice and costs less than their competitors, they will continue to sell lots of them. Too bad the quality and manufacturers warranty support sucks. :( :angry: :dead:

C Nash

you would think they would have some of their pr people come on the forums and respond to accusations.

minerz

I have a 2006 Forest River Cherokee. Before I bought it I went to the roof to look it over. I inspected the roof vent ceiling and did find a couple of spots that I thought could use more Lap sealer. The dealer did that for me. Since then I have found a couple of spots that I have had to add a bit more Lap Sealant. I had a small Hydraulic leak and the Dealer fixed that. I have had no problem with my Cherokee and just love the room and performace it has given me. I am rarely on paved roads, but back country roads so this 5er gets the business. This is the first Forest River I have owned but the fourth 5er of other various brands. All of them have had little things that needed fixing. To me the owner is the first line of defense. Even though the new roofs are great compared to the roofs years ago they still need to be checked as well as all other spots water may get in, or pipe connections may come loose. If any of you can recommend and garantee a brand of RV that I can buy and just use and never have to check anything on it, DO SO, and I will trade mine in and never worry again. I just finished putting an Solar tracking unit on the roof and while I was up there I checked Lap sealant around vents and added a little here and there. My last 5er cost $15,000.00 more than the Cherokee and before I got it home from the dealers the front of the awning came loose. I fixed it with longer lag bolts. I am not trying to start a fight here, but merely pointing out that no matter what I own, new or old just sits around until I am ready to use it without some sort of inspection and repair. Most big problems start from little ones. Fix the little ones and the big ones rarely show up. Happy camping.

DL Rupper

For every good reply we get about 5 bad replies on FR. Just remember: Caveat Emptor, "Let the buyer beware". :eek:

snowidow

Here's another SATISFIED Forest River customer for ya DL.

We have an '05 Cardinal 30TS.

Problems - yes, but no more than any other manufacturer.
Solutions - Customer Service has been EXCELLENT (Top Notch) from both Forest River in Indiana and our dealer in Sheridan, WY.

Sorry about all yall's problems with FR, but I think alot of it has to do with the dealer going to bat for you, and your attitude and demeanor if you contact FR yourself.

They have both bent over backwards to make sure we were happy with thier product.

That is what matters.

DL Rupper

Lots of questions about FOREST RIVER PRODUCTS so it's time to put this back on the front page. :( :( :( :( :laugh:

C Nash

Now DL you just won't let this go away and I just bought stock in Forest River :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DL Rupper

Chelse, My fingers just seem to want to type the majic keys that brings it back. Too bad about your poor pick in the stock market. ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.