FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.

deniloo

RE: FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

My parents were always willing to give their advice and opinions and I was always free to take what I wanted and ignore the rest. (That is when I was aadult and on my own! Now when I was a kid that was a different story!) Anyway.... Seems that's how this forum should be too. I can listen to all the opinions but will do what I want in the end. I don't take offense to the opinions. Might make me think twice about buying a certain make of RV but then again I might think I'M the know it all and buy it anyway. Hope you all have a Happy and PEACEFUL New Year!

G

Re: FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

ok form now on DL is not allowed out byhimself before 8am and after 10 pm ,, and all keys to the truck will be stored in a safe at the front gate of where ever he is staying ,, I think he needs to detox off the Cummins fumes JK :clown: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil:

C Nash

Rod, think I got DLs problem figured out. HE GOT PASSED BY A FORD PULLING A FR PRODUCT :eek: :laugh: :evil: :disapprove: ;)

H2H1

now Nash the FW wasn'tfor FLEETWOOD was it? should it have been FR.

C Nash

Thanks Hollis. Brain was not keeping up with my one finger that I type with :laugh: I went back and corrected the post. I think :)

insider

To all following this thread,I'm a Forest River employee,(cant say where), but I can say in my opinion, that all FR cares about is the money, and most of my fellow workers only care about their paychecks. maybe warren buffet ought to come take a look, I'm also an RVer, would never buy an FR piece.

Kerri

Hey insider
I have a question. I am one of those people who own a Forest River Toy hauler. It's a 06 model. Now, I'm also a 1 year old at camping and with a camper (I gave up tents). I have not had one problem with this. Am I just lucky? Or did things change? Every time I read post like this I just loose it. I run out to the camper and check things out. I must sound anal when I post stuff on here.
Kerri

minerz

Kerri,
I won't make this long and drawn out, as I did that the last time I posted and the post didn't go to well. I own a Forest River Cherokee. I have had minor problems, but nothing that my dealer didn't take care. I am only talking about a loose fitting on the Front landing gear. This is not our first 5er and I must say I have had less problems with the FR than some of the others that cost thousands more. I believe there are a few other posts in this section of folks that haven't had any problems either. But on the other hand their are folks that have had major problems with FR products. So don't feel alone at least we know there are at least two good units out here, and as long as one of them is mine I am having a good day. Happy camping.

Kerri

Thanks for the reply. That makes me feel better. My set up is what I have been looking for, only took me 21/2 years to find what I truly wanted.
Happy Camping back at ya
Kerri

DL Rupper

Hey Kerri, glad you are happy and satisfied. We just try to pass on what we have observed and heard. Some times it is good info, sometimes not. I'm sure there are lots of happy "03/04" Ford 6.0L Power Stroke owners also. We just try to advise forum members to take a good close look if they are contemplating buying a questionable product. Heck sometimes you can get a lemon when you buy the top of the line supposedly best product going.

hertig

A good Forest River is just fine. And a good dealer may be able to take care of reasonable problems, which most manufacturers have some of. If your unit doesn't have problems and you like it and your dealer, don't sweat it.

However it seems that Forest River has a higher percentage and severity of problems than many other manufacturers, and that many FR dealers are not 'good', and/or FR does not support the dealers adequately. So if you don't have a FR currently, getting one without extensive inspection is riskier than from many other manufacturers.

Note that you can get serious problems from just about any manufacturer; the difference is in the percentage of units with significant flaws, and how far the manufacturer will go to 'fix' your problems.

WildWillyToo

I'd like to make one point for all of you to consider......
FR has approx 20% of the TT & 5er market, and they have for a couple of years. That means 20% of ALL the Travel Trailers and Fifth Wheels, made in the last few years, were made by them.
Now it stands to reason that more units made mean more potential problems and more potential complaints.

I've been in the RV biz for over 30 years....and am currently a FR dealer, as well as Coachmen, R-Vision, & Gulfstream. FR doesn't have any higher percentage of problems than any of the rest. In fact, I'd venture to say they have a lower percentage than most. I have more trouble with R-vision stuff than I do FR and we sell FR 5/1 over R-vision.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents worth of comments and experience....

Happy New Year

minerz

Thanks Camper Tech,
That is good information. I have found a lot of little problems in all the TT's and 5er's I have owned. Little problems that could have turned into big ones if not addressed and taken care of. Most of them were just a matter of a little dab of calk, glue, or insulation foam. I for one do not run my unit back to the dealer everytime I see a piece of molding coming loose, or basicly just something that I can fix rather than spending the time and fuel running it back for the dealer to take care of. To me it is like buying a new truck and never changing the oil. I will agree that some items need to be addressed by the dealer, but in my case I haven't found much I couldn't fix right here at the house. I think it is important for the new RVer to understand that a good "walk around and a look at the roof" is something that comes with buying and owning an RV. We spend most of our time out in the mountains so I like to be familiar with my unit so if I find something not working quite right I can fix it rather than pulling up and running to the dealer and ruining a good trip. I just never have owned anything that didn't need some sort of attention in one place or another. I learned along time ago that the most expensive is not necessarily the best, and does not mean it needs less attention. Thanks again for your input. Happy camping.

SnowbirdInFlight

Well I get really tired of all the Forest River bashing. I mean enough is enough. As I've said before - I bought my 38 foot Sierra TT by FR in 2000 and haven't had any trouble in the 7 years we've had it - other than the normal wear and tear stuff. Like the booth seats are in need of a reupholster, but that is normal since we live in it full time and it gets a lot of use. Outside of that, it's been a great place to live for us.

I wouldn't get on here and bash any one else's brand of RV, so, could we stop the FR bashing? Please.

thdeadhorse.gif

DL Rupper

Nobody is bashing FR. We are expressing our opinion when asked about certain brands. i do believe I've heard you express your opinion a time or two.

insider

My only advice to all of you is: Go on a plant tour and see some of the people that build your rigs- Forest River is the only MFG that does NOT do drug testing-I get a little scared by some of the line workers at my plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.