FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Re: FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

agree Hollis ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :approve: :dead:

Grandview Trailer Sa

I subscribe to Trailer Life and read the Action Line each month. Glad to say that I have never read anything about Gulf Stream or SunnyBrook. Not saying they have never been talked about, I just have not read it.

G

Damn ,, ken knows how to read ,, now u'r one up on DL ,, JK :clown: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

brodavid

So that is what the news from Florida about all the smoke is about. DL's smoke, I thought it was a wildfire in the glades. JK, love you guys and gals,
msjackie

DL Rupper

Kenneth, you are on the right track. When you don't read about problems with a particular RV or manufacturer it gives you a warm feeling in your belly. Almost as good as Dodge Diesel Smoke. When you read about all the problems an RV is experiencing it definitely requires a good dose of Dodge Diesel Smoke to make the bad vibes about that product go away (especially if you own one). :evil: ;) :eek: :bleh:

G

DL that was good :approve: :approve: :approve: :laugh: :laugh:

DL Rupper

Folks I truly hate to beat a dead horse over the head. However, the very first problem I came across in the Action line in my brand new Feb Highways magazine was about a Cedar Creek 5th Wheel by Forest River. There has got to be a problem with the Manufacturer to be having so many problems. Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware) All you happy Forest River owners have lucked out. ;) Just my opinion. :laugh:

cwrobson

Just getting a foot in the door - we spent the last two days off & on reading this thread from the beginning - didn't see much of Sandpiper (by FR). According to the brochure (!) it is a "luxury" coach, not an "entry level", and the construction is quality, with "laminated vacuum bonded aluminum sidewalls" among other things. But we have to join the ranks of those who have had many problems - see our post on RV.net forum, Travel Trailers, General Q&A, Sandpiper problems - with our 2007 321FKD. Anyone else having trouble with 2007 Sandpiper TT's?

DL Rupper

Hey cwrobson, welcome to the forum. Thanks for the info on FR Sandpiper TT. Don't get on RV.net too often as they tend to flame each other all the time. When I do get on I always get them riled over the definition of a real full-timer. :laugh: :evil: They have no sense of humor. :bleh: ;)

brodavid

Mr DL, I thought the only people you riled are the owners of the "other" engine.
I am sure no one really gets riled for long, david and I like to hear both sides of the story and learn the ups and downs on all the
types of RV's and the good with the bad. It is mostly Personal Opinion mixed with knowhow thrown in with experience that makes this forum the best.
God Bless you all

msjackie

McDonalds

I am on my second FR Sierra (the dealer took back the first one and gave me a new one), let me tell you about problems. Both of my sierras have flexing cracking issues up in the front neck and I continue to have problems. I know of eight such trailers with the same issue and there doesn't seem to be a fix for these problems. The one dealer I talked with bought back seven Sandpipers and finally dropped FR all together.(four million dollar contract). All I can say is that I will never buy another Sierra or Sandpiper ever again. Hell I am still trying to get my money back for the one that I have. This is a bigger problem than people realize and I hope no one else has to go through what we have gone through in the past two years. I think the only way to get any satisfaction is for everyone who has these problems to get together and take legal action against FR.

morriscrazy

RE: FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

My question is what year are the Sierras? I have a 2006 FR Cherokee that was built in 2005, and have had no structural damage. Just curious, since I am seeing a lot of issues being discussed about FR campers.

McDonalds

My first one was 2006 and my current one is 2008. Not all people who have had problems with Sierras are bullys and Snowbird if you had gone through what I know a lot of us have and are going through I guarantee you would have a different perspective of Sierras and a different perspective of us.

SnowbirdInFlight

McDonalds - 4/2/2008 2:02 PM My first one was 2006 and my current one is 2008. Not all people who have had problems with Sierras are bullys and Snowbird if you had gone through what I know a lot of us have and are going through I guarantee you would have a different perspective of Sierras and a different perspective of us.

Nor did I say they were. I'm sure there are problems with FR products just like there are problems with Winnebagos, and other brands. The problem is that some people on this board delight in making others miserable by continuously putting their rig down over and over and over. It isn't much fun for the person being harassed. Of course as soon as I start to fight back and stand up to the bullies they all went running and crying to the mods. Seems like the boys can dish it out but not take it. Double standard. As I have said before just because I have one I like and have had for almost eight years with no problems doesn't give them the right to pick on me for it. They need to get another hobby or another target to bully. I guess it makes them feel like big men to pick on a woman over the internet. Sad little men.

DL Rupper

Hey Snowbird, nobody singled you out. What difference does it make if you own a FR product and it's good. Nobody ever said your TT was bad. All I ever said was buyer beware. Meaning you could get one of the bad ones. I think a warning is in order if a product seems to be giving owners a problem and the manufacturer hasn't been helping them.

Why do you care as long as your FR product has been giving you good service. Don't take it personal.

Grandview Trailer Sa

DL,
I agree with you, but you know the more you stir it, the more it stinks.

I agree that NO ONE has been singled out, but a few, apparently have very thin skin. We have all said that we were glad that Snow Bird has a GREAT trailer, they just won't accept the fact that not all FR's are as good. I have held back from talking about the Sandpiper we had on my lot last week or all the Cardinals the local dealer is trying to fix. I, AGAIN, am glad that their FR has been a trouble free trailer, I just hope that their NEXT FR will be just as good. Time will tell.

I really don't understand why some threads have gone so bad lately. This is a FORUM. Everybody is entitled to their OPINION. Not all will like all opinions, but you might just have to live with it. I guess if you don't like what you read, the Internet is a huge place.

Lately, the fun here has gone somewhere else. What was done to Tex is absolutely intolerable. He has contributed to this forum, with over 1,250 posts, and I am glad he is here. I consider him a friend even though we have not met face to face, YET.

G

BIG AMEN ,, let's put this FR to rest ,, i am like u Ken ,, the humor has gone right out the door ,, I don't approve of any users being bullied ,, i know some will say i'm taking sides ,, but Tex did get us a nice little chat room going ,, and yes it worked ,, i moderated for him and it was good ,,, but there agian we got complaints on the chat room about registering ,, now the way i see it all user's had to register here ,, so what's the diff ,, my point being ,, we are rver's and i hope that we like to rv ,, and this is what this forum is about ,, RV's ,, so if we have a prob ,, we come here ,, there is more info here ,, than i have seen on any other places for rving ,, but the bashing and foul language has to stop ,, there are family's cking this place out ,,, now can we all PLEASE agree on one thing ,, an opinion is an opinion ,,, take it or leave it ,, i myself if i don't like the opinion ,, i don't reply back ,, but when it comes to bashing our elder rver's here (the ones that started this place ) then yes i have an opinion ,, but agian it's mine ,, so take it or leave it ,, agian JMO ;) :approve: :cool: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.