FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowbirdInFlight

Re: FOREST RIVER INC. ISSUES

DL Rupper - 4/2/2008 8:08 PM Hey Snowbird, nobody singled you out. What difference does it make if you own a FR product and it's good. Nobody ever said your TT was bad. All I ever said was buyer beware. Meaning you could get one of the bad ones. I think a warning is in order if a product seems to be giving owners a problem and the manufacturer hasn't been helping them. Why do you care as long as your FR product has been giving you good service. Don't take it personal.

Well, actually you did single me out, you just won't admit it because you wouldn't want to show your cronies in crime that you are man enough to admit you were wrong and being a bully. But, I will be the better person and say - fresh start.

You go ahead and voice your opinion and I will voice mine. Just don't go running to 'momma moderator' if I defend myself.

And as I said, I don't suffer from the illusion that any one brand has no faults. I've just always maintained that I have had no problems with MY SIERRA FROM FOREST RIVER! You men just can't accept that because you choose to bash that brand and ONLY that brand.

You started that harassment only when you all saw that I had one and was satisfied with it. You then sought every opportunity to put me and my TT down. You, of course, won't be man enough to admit it, but you took pleasure in harassing me and my rig. I have never put anyone's rig down or tried to demean their choice of RV.

Why do you think you have the right to continue to bring up the FR product threads even after no one has responded to them for months? You say your finger 'slipped' on the reply button! You know you brought up the thread again and again just to provoke and harass me. You should be ashamed of yourself, but that would be asking you to be human.

G

ok ,, now i'm involved ,, is there an end to this ??? YES U HAVE a good FR product ,, ,, so let's keep it at that ,, i have alot to say but i'll keep hush about it ,,, but i can say this ,,, the bashing is all wrong ,,, PERIOD ,, and u can bash me if u like but this is the end for me ,, and yes we have been told to keep hush hush on this ,, so i am ,, i'm not knocking FR in any way ,, just standing up for the other user's on here that post an OPINION ,, i'm done :sleepy:

As campertech stated, if FR has 20% of the market. Then doesn't it follow that they would have about 20% of the complaints? Also, a happy customer tells one person, an unhappy customer tells 10.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Snowbird, You don't know me from Adam. If we were to meet face to face, we would probably get along just fine, but on here you have a big chip on your shoulder. Don't know where you get off calling me dishonest. I feel like I have given lots of good (usually) advise here and I almost never ask for a sale. If I made my living on this forum, I could not afford to turn my computer on. You and a couple of others are the apples that are ruining the whole basket. Don't bother responding to this, I won't see it. You are being IGNORED from me from now on.You can take great pride that you are the first on my ignorelist.

H2H1

AMEN Ken, great reply, First let me say I think you are very honest and truthful. I personally would like to say thank you for helping us all out on this forum.

H2H1

WHAT I was trying to say in post before. I would like to say thank you KEN for being a very honest person. I would also like to say personally thanks you for helping us all out on the forum. You and Rod have saved a lot of us a lot on money, and you do it for free, Why it's who you are that why, a very honest person. I am glad I joined this forum. god bless you and yours.

TexasClodhopper

Not only does Ken offer real advice for free, but his advertising dollars help support this forum and allow RVUSA to provide it for us to use.

The thing about getting advice from Ken @ Grandview Trailer Sales is that it is usually being offered to the newbies that really need good advice to get started in the right direction.

elkhartjim

Hey Ken certainly saved me taking my mh back to dealer for refer problem. Heck Ken, you need to figure out how to invoice us because I know you saved me a bundle in fuel and time. Thanks. Its so nice having the ignore button in use.

Shadow

Ken, Thanks for all the help you have given. Saved me a few dollars. Hope to meet you on one of my trips that way. May have my new truck by then.

G

well i'm not trying to pick a fight with u ,, but i am glad that u didn't really want to have the moderator delete u ,, stick around ,, we have fun somtimes :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

6TOGO

fishermanmalloy - 6/3/2007 6:44 PM

I have a 2001 Forest River Sierra and have just discovered a massive roof leak. According to several other replies, this is an on-going problem. From what I've been told, the travel trailers from 1999 to 2002 have a vinly roof with a wicking underneath the vinyl. The top rails were not sealed at the factory which caused water to seep into the wicking and absorb like a sponge. My roof has water damage about 8" wide from the front to the back on both sides. The ceiling insulation is so wet you can ring it out.

Can anyone who has had the same problem tell me what happened and if they were able to resolve it?

I saw some buckled panels today and decided to saw 2' of ceiling away from the wall above the slide out. I was sickened by what I saw. 12" to 18" from the outer wall up the ceiling the whole length of the main compartment was wet. The insulation was soaked. The main ceiling beams are glue laminated particle board and are all soaked like a sponge full of water.
The outside gutters are clear. There is no clear indication of how the water was getting the area wet until I read this post.
This 30' FR sandpiper was my first trailer and will be my last. You should have seen the look on the faces of the kids when I told them our 4th of July camping trip was off for now until I can find another camper to borrow or rent.
Thousands of dollars in possible repairs could not come at a worse time. :(

Grandview Trailer Sa

6TOGO,

You say that this will be your last trailer. I hope you mean that this will be your last Forest River. Sorry to hear of your troubles, and I hope you don't give up RV'ing because of one trailer.

It is still one of the cheaper ways for a family to vacation and enjoy life.

6TOGO

Grandview Trailer Sa - 6/30/2008 9:38 PM

6TOGO,

You say that this will be your last trailer. I hope you mean that this will be your last Forest River. Sorry to hear of your troubles, and I hope you don't give up RV'ing because of one trailer.

It is still one of the cheaper ways for a family to vacation and enjoy life.

I cannot believe in this day and age companies can turn out this poor quality crap. After looking at some Sportsman, Jaco and others, The roof construction and caulking caulk is similar to mine. I see no reason to go down this path again. There is one point I will make about the trailer. I and the previous owner have kept up with the inspection and roof repairs where necessary every year. Eternabond is what I used to properly seal the roof vents, skylights, and other penetrations. I wish all companies would use this stuff from the beginning instead of the cheap crap that looks like someone bought from Menards.

I do think this will be my last travel trailer. We will be exploring the rental cabins and permanent trailers on our favorite campsites. One of my friends is in the camper business, and he even agrees the roof leak warranties are a joke.

I was able to dry out the trailer with a couple of dehumidifiers and I taped the roof panels in place so we could continue on our vacation. My camper may make a decent Deer Hunting Shelter, but that is it.
Some of the best family times can be had on the campground and we will continue to go and if I hit the lotto, the Beaver Patriot Thunder would be on the "to buy" list.

DL Rupper

Hey 6togo, it all depends on which manufacturer you go with. Our 5 th wheel is going on 14 years old and is still holding up. The floors are getting real squeaky, but still hanging in. I think a person really needs to research what he intends to buy in a RV and not let emotion or whim do the buying. Most RV's have a corresponding Internet forum that if you read between the lines on the posts you might be able to determine how good the product is. ;)

Kirk

DL is right. There are well made RVs out there and they really are not that difficult to find if you do some serious home work first. But to just buy what looks best or is the least costly will usually not get a quality product. The fact is that you chose to buy from one of the manufacturers who have a weak reputation in the industry.

While all, or nearly all RV manufacturers have at least some quality control problems, there are manufacturers who have long histories of factory support of the products that they build. Winnebago is one of those, along with numerous others.

Status
Not open for further replies.