Forest river Wild cat

ivaldespino

I have herd about problems with forest rivers on this forum. Is there exactly a certain model that people have had problems with? I have been looking at the Wild cat series and really liked a certain model. Does anybody have any info on Wild cat series as far as problems go? Before I make a purchase on a Wild cat, I would like some more info from anybody out there. Thanks!!

DL Rupper

Re: Forest river Wild cat

READ the Forest River Issues thread this forum. All models from Forest River are suspect. They make a good looking poor quality product and price it less than their competitors. No free lunch.

C Nash

While there does seem to be a lot of issues with FR products, I have seen a lot of satisfied rvers with their products. i know a mechanic that works at a dealer for forest river and he said they had no problems with warranty work. Said most were entry level and was a pretty good deal for the bucks. He knows that I'm not in the market for one. The Wildcat is real popular around here. If I was in the market for a entry level, I would look at them but, would also heed the warnings posted and then make up my own mind. Remember most here is just opinions as mine is.

Kirk

While there are no manufacturers of RVs that I know of that are so bad as to have no satisfied customers and there are probably no manufacturers who are so good that they have no unhappy customers, but there is the issue of a track record with the customers. There clearly are companies with far better records than this one. If you want to see as near to an unbiased opinion as there is available, spend a few bucks and join the RV Consumer Group ( www.RV.org ) They are the only organization that does quality reviews of RVs who do not depend upon the RV industry for their income. The information that they give is not perfect, but it is by far the best available and if you spend the money to join they will also send you a great deal of information to explain just how their ratings are obtained and what each one means, as well as how you can determine the quality of an RV by your own observations. The Forest River products tend to be popular more because of price than any other reason and if price is the most important part for you, they may well be the best choice. But if you want quality and if you are willing to pay according to the quality that you get, then you may want to reconsider just what brand to purchase. It is all a matter of price versus quality. Of course, most quality builders also have a range in price and most will have higher levels of quality in the higher priced units in their line, there are brands who consistently get good reviews and there are also the other kind. I have never owned a Forest River Product, but based upon the reading that I have done on the various RV forums, there is little chance that I ever will.