Forestriver Georgetown XL

G

Re: Forestriver Georgetown XL

Good for u ,, i have had some of the same on FR mini's ,, it seems FR mounts the converter in a outside compartment ,, and then puts a shield over it ,, no air holes anywhere ,, and then seals it up with caulking ,, i have had 3 new units less than a yr old with the same prob ,, HMMMMMMM ,, this is not right ,, but FR will not take anypart in the converter ,, they say it's the converters Manf prob ,, but i have found out it is not ,, and there is some form of legal action going toward this prob ,, but as others prbs FR has ,, it will take decades to get it resolved in or outaa court ,, and by then i hope They fold due to legal battles ,, but JMO :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:
Oops sorry for kinda reposting what i had posted a few threads up ,, but it makes me mad that a rv manufact ,, will not take the blame for stupid stuff ,, i own a Tiffin ,, alegro bus ,, and even way out of warrnty ,, they were more than happy to fix anything that was wrong with my coach ,, yea i could have done it my self ,, but when contacting them on parts and such ,, they said we can fix that for u ,, no charge ,, now that is an rv manufact ,, if i may say so ,, but agian JMO ;) :approve: :approve: :approve:

Pillaz

I with Rod on this. I love my Tiffin.... and the Beach..... :laugh: :laugh:

mphaking

Well, Tiffin is from Alabama, where I am.
Can't beat good ole southern hospitality. LOL

DL Rupper

God I love FR they just keep on giving. :laugh:
I'm sorry I'm late to the thread. I've been watching too much of the political crap on TV. Drill Baby Drill. Lipstick Power and Country First. I'm obsessed. :evil: :bleh: :eek:

C Nash

Well, I just got thru listening to Bush on tv lobbying to get passed the bill to bail Fannie Mae and Freddie out of trouble with taxpayers money. I do support Bush but just seems like poor management on Fannie Mae and Freddies part to me. We were always taught to watch the pennies and the dollars would take care of themselfs. Still think gas prices is the root of it all. Caused everything to sky rocket. Just a ole country boys opinion :laugh:

G

:approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

mphaking

RE: Forestriver Georgetown XL

update,

The dealer hauled our Georgetown to Indiana. We just got it back last week.

The said they reinforced the top and put a new leveling jack system on.

It was a mess when we got. Stains and dirt all over the front. Still can't get
all the stains out. The sealant around the windows is very obvious. It looks
like it's been redone. What a mess.

Don't know when we will try it out again. I hope it works.

C Nash

Pat, I would really give it a try out even if in the yard. Take pictures of the mess and get some others to look at it and document it all. Send them a bill for clean up :angry:

C Nash

Wow, think I'll take mine to them and let them wash it. :laugh:

Louis Cherry

We got our 370 xl back with the renforeing at the top,the first trip to Mt.View Ark. the weld on the fix broke go down the road. This was the forth trip back to the factory for windshield,leaks in roof. This is over 8000 miles put on my motorhome at this time,I have talked to Dean Evans about it three of the four trips.Needless to say it will not be going back the fith time.

Louis Cherry

I hope you have better luck then I and others have had with the 370 xl problems,but they have tried all the things on my motorhome that I have heard of with the problem coming back.Georgetown will try all they can to stand behind their motorhome but their comes a time when you have give up and say yes we have a problem and we need fix it with our coustomers.

mphaking

RE: Forestriver Georgetown XL

What is the 370XL? Is this a Forest River?

We have not taken ours out yet. let the jacks down in the driveway, no problem, but who knows what
will happen in a campground.

Louis Cherry

370 xl is a modle , bath and a half . The failure happened driveing,the motorhome will twist and the angle they put down the side walls just behind the windshield,this is covered by the removeable trim on each side, will brake at the weld where they mitered the angle iron. The brase at the top,you can see going up out of the trim, is bolted on will come loose.Did they give you a new flat screen tv,for all your trouble like they did me? Do you have a 370 Xl 2004? Yes this is Forest River. Good luck let me know what happens.

rjf7g

Everyone should have a dealer like GTS...sorry for your troubles.

DL Rupper

FR :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :eek: Before long they will own all the RV manufacturing companies.

C Nash

Well DL the bright side of that will be we will only have one company to bash. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: