Four Winds or Winnibago

clairek

We are looking at a Class A with bunks both 2007. One is a four winds hurrican and the other a winnibabgo Sightseerer. We don't know much other than what the 2 different dealerships has told us. We have been told that the Four Winds have been known for water damage. I know that Winnibago has been around for a long time. Does anyone know anything else about either of these makes?
Thanks

TexasClodhopper

Re: Four Winds or Winnibago

If it hasn't been said yet, welcome to the forum!

I am trouble free in my Minnie Winnie for 2 years and 2 months with over 18,000 miles.

hambone

I would check out the Damon Daybreak first. It was the first bunk model made and it sure is a great price, looks great too.

Kirk

Winnebago by a very long lead! Winnebago has a very good record for quality and support. Four Winds is built by Thor Industries and while it too has it's supporters, the record for either quality or suppor is far from stellar for their products. And the same would be true if you compare to Damon products. Every brand has it's happy customers, but Winnebago is near the top for over all reputation.

I HAVE A 2005 FOUR WINDS CHALET SPORT. IF I HAD IT TO DO OVER AGAIN, I WOULD HAVE GONE WITH WINNEBAGO. QUALITY ISSUES WITH FOUR WINDS.

GOOD LUCK

miket

RE: Four Winds or Winnebago

I prefer Winnie, but that's your choice -- there are more features in a Winnie -- power management for one --
I'd also recommend a good test drive, and if possible, try the Ford and Workhorse chassis on the same coach --- the Ford will be cheaper in price, but IMHO the Workhorse is better. Good Luck !!! :)

s.harrington

Winnie over Fourwinds or Damon anytime. Before you buy though check out an Allegro. Might not look as fancy inside but very well built.