freezing disabled mom needs help

simplyjoy

hi, i'm stuck at an evil koa and cant figure out how to turn on my heat. pilot on the outside wont lite - yes, i turned on the gas. cant even figger out how to lite the stove. in a 98 salem tt with NO BOOK. :eek:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: freezing disabled mom needs help

Your furnace should work with a thermostat that is inside the trailer. By 98 furnaces did not need a pilot lit on the outside.

utmtman

Should be able to turn gas on the stove and lite with match if it done automatically light. Furnace is inside as GT said, you will have to just pull that cover off and than follow directions to light it. If no directions its just like the old water heaters in stick homes.

Kirk

The Salem is a Forest River product. By 1998 the furnace is probably not one with a pilot light but rather one with direct ignition, as Ken suggested. Look at the thermostat. There may well be an on/off switch or one to select cool/off/heat and there is the lever to set the temperature. If everything is working properly, set the switch either to on, or to heat. Then push the lever to the preferred temperature.

Very likely your stove will have to lighted with a match or lighter. Most of them still do. But I would not recommend that you use the stove top to provide heat.

One more thing. If you were to tell people where you are, there might even be someone close enough to be able to help. There are hundreds of KOA RV parks.