Freightliner air leak

Old Forum Post

[Jim M] My freightliner leaks down overnight--some have suggested that the bags should stay up for a week. Anyone know what might be going on? Everything else seems fine, good ride, reasonably fast to pump up etc.

Old Forum Post

Freightliner air leak

[Nettie] We are looking to purchase a freightliner to tow our Travel
Supreme. Any suggestions:
What to look at? Where to look? Do&#039s & don&#039ts? We are in Tx.
and at the thinking stage and need input from freightliner
owners. nettie@flash.net

Old Forum Post

Freightliner air leak

[Jim M] Nettie: I have mislead you a little bit, my freightliner is a Winnebago motor home! I think you are talking about a Freightliner tractor for pulling a fifth wheel. Just a couple of comments though. It is real comforting that as you drive the four lanes across this country that quite frequently you see a large red, black and white freightliner sign of the side of the interstates. Also, a lot of these places have extended hours. On the negative side, I have been treated like an ugly stepsister of a freightliner by Western Branch Diesel here in Virginia. They are a freightliner dealer, but let me know in no uncertain terms that they were there for the truckers and would only handle my problems on an as available--back burner basis. Good news is that my current freight liner service shop American Freightliner in Manassas Virginia has been great.

Old Forum Post

Freightliner air leak

[Wayne] Jim, I have a 1999 39Z Bounder with the Freightliner chassis and the Cummins ISB drive and I also have the problem of the system bleeding down overnight.
When you talk to over-the-road truckers they say that it should hold its pressure for at least a week.
We have to wait until everyone in the campground is awake before we start because we have to run so long till the air bags fill.

Old Forum Post

Freightliner air leak

[Jim M] Wayne: thanks for the comeback. I have since taken it to Freightliner who found 3 leaks. I had one airline leaking in back and both front leveling valves were replaced. I am picking it up today-hopefully. Freightliner confirmed that it should stay up at least a few days. Afterall, there is a lot of stuff, valves, fittings and all manner of mechanisms connected to the system, and air is notoriously hard to hold behind O rings and such. So, no system can be leak free, just leak slow.