fresh RV owner

dkiang57

quote:Originally posted by austintx200

we have purchased a 1995 36 ft avion fifth wheel with all the bells and whistles, it looks like it just came off the showroom. anyone have any hints on fifth wheels or avions, we will be new fulltimers and can use all the advice we can get

Hello:

I just joined RVUSA forum. I am happy to have a place I can ask many RV related questions since I intend to be a RV owner.

- I am very interesting in having a Avion trailer, however, I can not find their official website. Is Avion manufacturer still existing?

- I live in a cold, harsh place during winter. Could somebody recommend me brands, models for both truck campers and travel trailers which you think is a true four season camper (I mean the insulation is REALLY GOOD)?

Thanks.

Gary B

fresh RV owner

Hi dkiang57, a Big welcome to the forum, Avion is now owned by Fleetwood RV, has been since the late 80's check: www.fleetwood.com There are a number of excellent rv built in your country that have good insulation for the cold, one that comes to mind is Bigfoot they built slide-in campers, TT's and a Class C MH, if you do a search on google for Canadain RV manufactures you shold get many choices. In the US slide-ins that are worth looking into would be Artic Fox, Lance, Alpenlite, Sunlite. Hope this helps some, you may get more response posting this on the general forum. Good Luck :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve:

austintx200

fresh RV owner

avion is a great fifth wheel but they are not made anymore, according to fleetwood, they quit making them after the 9/11 tragedy, they said they were very high price fifth wheels and the public was buying cheap, they are now making a new one that has taken the place of the avion. look up fleetwood.

sylvia and perry stewart/ 2 dachsunds jagger and muffin
2000 ford f350 turbo diesel and ready to go, home is on the market,,, wish us luck

dkiang57

fresh RV owner

Thanks for reply from my new friends, I am looking for:

- travel trailer: the insulation R vaule is over 10 (for floor, ceiling, and walls)
- truck camper: the R value also is over 10 (floor, ceiling, walls)

If you know any model which close or exceed this specs. please let me know.

Thanks again

dkiang57

fresh RV owner

Thanks for reply from my new friends, I am looking for:

- travel trailer: the insulation R vaule is over 10 (for floor, ceiling, and walls)
- truck camper: the R value also is over 10 (floor, ceiling, walls)

If you know any model which close or exceed this specs. please let me know.

Thanks again.