Front bike carrier?

hertig

Hello, I am looking to carry a couple of mopeds/powered bicycles on the coach. However, putting them on the back, where most carriers are designed for, would cause me to exceed my rear axel weight rating. Does anyone know where I might get a carrier for the front of the motorhome? I've seen them on the city busses here in Tucson.

Any reason I would NOT want to do this (assuming appropriate carriers exist)?

Ed H.

Front bike carrier?

As to possible reasons not...Check out laws regarding possible obstruction of head and signal lights as well as creating blind spots. There may be exceptions for city busses that don't go on major highways or there may be units specially designed to address these issues.
I just hate to see folks spend a lot of time and money only to run afoul of some regulation.

hertig

Front bike carrier?

Thanks for the responses.

Krazee, the radiator is in the back (Diesel Pusher).

Turnip, I went to etrailer.com and they had lots of hitch mounted bike racks, but I couldn't find the one(s) for the front of the coach. Do you have a model number or other info?

Ed, good points, I will keep an eye out for those.

Krazeehorse

Front bike carrier?

Why not engineer a receiver on the front and use a hitch mounted carrier? Gone when you don't need it. Slide in a platform to wash and Rain-X the windshield....I'm goin' to the barn and firin' up the welder :laugh: .

turnipbwc

Front bike carrier?

hertig,
Since you have a Diesel Pusher I am not sure if they would have one to fit. Go back on (e trailer.com) and there is a place you can write to them. Ask them and they will be able to help you. Tell them what you have and they may be able to fix up up.
turnip

C Nash

Front bike carrier?

I would go with Krazzehorse and put a receiver on the front? Now, if I can just get my patent in before Krazee :evil:

Krazeehorse

Front bike carrier?

You'll win Chelse....they won't take patent applications in crayon and that's the only thing the people in the white suits will let me use.

hertig

Front bike carrier?

A front receiver hitch is worth looking into. Still, would like to find those slick carriers we have on our city busses...

Micah

Front bike carrier?

How about trying the city guys, like maybe at the maintaince barn. Just a thought. micah

hertig

Front bike carrier?

That's them, Krazee. You may be 'Krazee' but you ain't stupid :) to quote the punchline of an old joke.