Fuel Gage Problem

dckoski

I have a 94 Kountry Star and the fuel gage quit working.
It started working very slow, climbing to the existing fuel level, but over a period of a couple of months, it got slower and slower.
Finally it doesn't work at all.
Any Clues?

Bush70

Fuel Gage Problem

Most common problem is the fuel tank sender in the fuel tank. I would check that out first.

C Nash

Fuel Gage Problem

have you put any fuel in it :laugh: What chassis, ford, chevy or Diesel? Does it stay on empty or full or in-between?

dckoski

Fuel Gage Problem

This is a Ford chasis and it's full of fuel.
I have tested it at all levels of fuel and it doesn't register any at all.
Thanks for the reply.

Browzin

Fuel Gage Problem

Being a Ford owner I can say from experience that Ford's fuel tank sending units and floats are prone to problems. The two most common are the float unit itself and the other is the wiper board that the float arm makes contact with. In either case it means dropping the tank to remove the sending unit. While you have the tank down you might think about replacing the Electric fuel pump (if so equiped).

If you can get to the wires that go to the gauge with out dropping the tank, disconect them and check the gauge itself to make sure that it is working.

dckoski

Fuel Gage Problem

Thanks for the info.
Not sure I want to mess with dropping that big tank, but may have to. I sure wish some aerospace engineers designed these things instead of whoever did it. Talk about no thought to the aftermarket and service problems later on.