Fuel going up again!!!!!!!!

DL Rupper

Re: Fuel going up again!!!!!!!!

Hey Lee, hope he is right on with the oil shale. Sounds good. I know way back in the 70's my mom bought some Major Oil stock and they were going to develop Utah/Colorado oil shale. I've still got the stock, but the company went broke. I keep it for fun.

I didn't know they were pumping to Canada. Nothing is surprising anymore.

I drove from Savannah to Statesboro, Georgia today. I drove about 15 miles without the 5er after filling up and 65 with it on. I topped off when I got here and it was $28 for 80 miles. I get 22 mpg empty and 11 mpg towing. Don't know anymore what tomorrow will bring. :eek:

elkhartjim

Man did I get excited today. Driving to Houston I go through several small towns and coming into one a saw that green diesel sign and my heart started to race, could it be, could it really be...diesel $2.99. I quickly was thinking, would it ruin the water tank if I filled it with diesel. Maybe the gray water tank could be used, it was empty anyway. Racing thru my head...tupperware,mason jars, half empty wine bottles, wine that could be poured out bottles. Station was closed, probably went out of business within the last month. I lpaid $3.69.

TexasClodhopper

Jim, that's funny and familiar at the same time! :laugh:

I often wonder at what price will the demand be less than the supply. There has to be a price where market conditions take over.

Does Las Vegas have that price on the betting boards?

C Nash

Hollis just another senior moment or wishful thinking 3.24 per gl

utmtman

Heard from a trucker day before yesterday that its 4.05 a gal in Colorado. Says he could not find a cheaper price.

H2H1

Now Nash that got my heart rate up, I was trying find a place to store it :( :laugh: anyway glad you are having fun . We will out that way real soon (May). We are planning on going to Ken's open house in April in Bedford VA. to meet some of the great people on the forum wished you was able to come.

C Nash

Hollis, I had planned on being at GTS for the open house but the way west opened so jumped in the saddle and galloped on out. The west is great Sitting here today at a desert ranch Cg looking out my front window at desert and mountains with the jack rabbits running everwhere, sun shining temp in low 70s and cool nights. really roughing it WIFI in the desert but the cell phone want work. Filled the MH when we left Elephant Butte this morning at 3.24 per gallon but 65.00 filled it. Don't let in get far below full so it dont hurt to bad when filling. So far 1900 miles on MH and another 4000 on the toad. The side trips are great even the 4x4 off roading in the Gila National forest.

DL Rupper

Hey Chelse, keep rubbing it in. I can't wait to get out west again. That's if fuel doesn't get too much higher. Just went on SS last month and it doesn't even pay for the raise in fuel prices.

C Nash

Ok DL, I wont rub it in no more. Today we are just sitting here in the MH at Hidden Valley Ranch, demming NM and having to look out the front windows at nothing but mnts, sunshine, desert, wildlife miserable way to have to live. Sure would be nice to mow grass, paint, go to work, clean house, fight neighbors. :eek:

H2H1

ok you guys, stop rubbing it in. In 2 months we will out there. but wish all could be at Keg the wife out to see Ann Murray's open house it would be fun. OK got to go I am taking the DW out to see ANN Murray to night. Ya'll be good and carefully :laugh: :cool:

DL Rupper

I hear you Chelse. Demming is a uniquely weird desert town, but fun to see. You might want to check out Benson, AZ. It's not far from Demming. We stay at Cochise Terrace RV if we can get in on PA. Most of the RV parks over there are PA. Tombstone Territories is a good one also. If you get over there go to Bisbee, AZ. It's even better than Tombstone. The buildings are original old buildings still in use from yesteryear. There is also an old open pit copper mine there. I love it in the desert.

I'm heading for Yellowstone early this spring and will end up some where from Calif to New Mexico in the fall. Keep on having fun.

H2H1

dang, DL you got a great life. It is a pleasure just reading your reply's. And I am get so many ideas on where to stay as well, Sorry about the last post , don't know what happen .I guess the cat walked over the lap top and hit a few tabs. WE had a great time at the Anne Murray concerts last night. that an old woman still belting out the songs. I went around the back and looked at her RV, dang it was nice on the out side ,can't imagine what it looked like inside. pure luxury I bet :laugh:

elkhartjim

Hey Hollis, in Texas we would call that window peeking and its illegal. What do you expect from a Ford owner. Hollis owns a Ford but don't tell.

H2H1

now Jim I didn't peek inside, but if the inside is anything like the out side :eek:

rjf7g

I just paid $2.58 a gallon for 87 octane (27 gallons of it). Martin's Groceries (in the Giant family) offers $.10 off per gallon for every $100 you spend in groceries AND they were running a special this weekend - buy 2 $15 iTunes gift cards and get an extra $.20 off per gallon...what a bargain! Regular price was $3.08 per gallon and I got $.50 off! Come to Waynesboro, VA for cheap gas - a whole $.10 cheaper on the Waynesboro/Staunton side of Afton Mountain than it is on the Charlottesville side.

krautdog

I make good use of the Giant Eagle fuel perks. Here in Ohio, you receive 10 cents off for every$50.00 you spend. With gas now at $3.45 a gallon here, every little bit helps.

Cheers!

DL Rupper

$3.99.9 for diesel in Milledgeville, GA today. Too bad the independent truckers don't go on strike. Might bring it down for awhile. ;)