full tanks

big bilko

On the second week of our seaside vacation(won't say beach)and find that our monitor tells us the grey and black water tanks are nearly full. We are careful not to overuse the toilet and use the park facilties for showers and daytime toilet stops.There is just 2 of us and it seems the tanks have filled too fast unless the sensor is wrong.This r v park has only a dumpsite for cassettes so we cannot dump easily unless we pack up and go to another r.v. park.Our van is a coachmen mirada 34 ft.Hoping someone can assist. I remain cross legged . Regards Big Bilko :clown: :bleh: :bleh: :)

rjf7g

Re: full tanks

You've got a week's worth of stuff for two conservative people in each tank? Any problems with the sink draining or toilet flushing? Anyone around there have a portable honey wagon (blue tank) you could borrow?

LEN

You can look in the black water tank and see the level in that tank through the toilet with the water pump off so no more water gets in during the look. The gray water is a little different sometimes one can look at the tank itself and see. A stud finder run up and down the side of a tank can give you a true reading. Being so so careful we get about 10-14 days on the gray witch fills first using campground showers and toilets except at night and using little pans in the sink for dish washing and rinsing then disposing outside at an approved site. If your gray gets full place a stopper in the shower with weight on it or when moving you can get stinky water(even though it is gray) in the shower.

Good luck!!

LEN

big bilko

toilet and sinks work o.k we dont seem to have any leaks(apart from the obvious ones)I think our best avenue is when we dump next we will top the tanks up with fresh water and see how much the hold.We dont seem to have honey pots here in australia and a jam jar wont suffice.Some of our R.V parks in australia leave a lot to be desired.On enquiring from one place about a dump site they told us we cant use it for a week as someone has pitched a tent on it.We shall move r.v parks tommorrow and hopefully we can get access to their dump site.Thank you both for your imput.Regards BIG BILKO :clown: :dead: :blackeye: :approve: :blush: :angry: :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :eek: ;) :( :

big bilko

toilet and sinks work o.k we dont seem to have any leaks(apart from the obvious ones)I think our best avenue is when we dump next we will top the tanks up with fresh water and see how much the hold.We dont seem to have honey wagons here in australia and a jam jar wont suffice.Some of our R.V parks in australia leave a lot to be desired.On enquiring from one place about a dump site they told us we cant use it for a week as someone has pitched a tent on it.We shall move r.v parks tommorrow and hopefully we can get access to their dump site.Thank you both for your imput.Regards BIG BILKO :clown: :dead: :blackeye: :approve: :blush: :angry: :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :eek: ;) :( :

big bilko

toilet and sinks work o.k we dont seem to have any leaks(apart from the obvious ones)I think our best avenue is when we dump next we will top the tanks up with fresh water and see how much the hold.We dont seem to have honey pots here in australia and a jam jar wont suffice.Some of our R.V parks in australia leave a lot to be desired.On enquiring from one place about a dump site they told us we cant use it for a week as someone has pitched a tent on it.We shall move r.v parks tommorrow and hopefully we can get access to their dump site.Thank you both for your imput.Regards BIG BILKO :clown: :dead: :blackeye: :approve: :blush: :angry: :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :eek: ;) :( :

big bilko

toilet and sinks work o.k we dont seem to have any leaks(apart from the obvious ones)I think our best avenue is when we dump next we will top the tanks up with fresh water and see how much the hold.We dont seem to have honey pots here in australia and a jam jar wont suffice.Some of our R.V parks in australia leave a lot to be desired.On enquiring from one place about a dump site they told us we cant use it for a week as someone has pitched a tent on it.We shall move r.v parks tommorrow and hopefully we can get access to their dump site.Thank you both for your imput.Regards BIG BILKO :clown: :dead: :blackeye: :approve: :blush: :angry: :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :eek: ;) :( :.

Pancanbob

RE: full tanks

Hi, Big Bilko :) :)
Just a though, when you are dumping are you sure you are dumping it ALL. :eek: :eek: :eek:
In the black water tank the (What ever you call it :dead: ) can cake up in the bottom of the tank :8ball: , so when you drain you only get the water and not ALL the solids :angry: . You think it is empty because nothing more is coming out :approve: the drain hose but tank is still half full. :laugh: :laugh: Hope this helps
:laugh: :) ;) :) ;)

krautdog

Bilko,
did you say someone pitched a tent on the dump site? I bet that campsite smells great. Reminds me of the time I visited Baltimore.

big bilko

Dumped today and flushed out both tanks completely and guage shows both 2/3 full. seems like guage is giving a false reading. Will have it cceked when we get home from the BEACH>>Thanks for your replies. Big Bilko... :) :) :) :) Following is an account of our trip so far with an interpretation from Aussie to american. :) Left home at sparrow fart(early morning) Travelled about 100 km(60 miles)Stopped at a chew and spew(roadside cafe)Misses(wife) had a maggott bag( Sausage)I had a rats coffin(sausage roll) and a tomb of an unknown warrior(meat pie)Checked in at our r.v parkand met our neighbours2 to and froms( English couple )No nightlife here so we need to travel 15km (10miles)to the local hotel.Typical holiday town pub open till 10pm.Rv park is right on the beach and water is crystal clear but a little windy. Most of the locals seem to have crayfish pots(lobster)and seem to catch plenty.We left there again at sparrow fart(early) and travelled 120 km(80miles)to our next r.v park and discovered that they did not allow the space we required and did not fit. They then told us we could use a bigger site for double cost.We told them to shove it(universal language)and made a few phone calls ahead. We got a booking at Warrnambool at a r.v. park with excellent facilitiesat less cost than the original.So tonight we are going into town to dine(eat)and play the pokies(poker machines)Tomorrow we are going fishing in the r.vparks rental boat and we will keep you up to date on our fun at the BEACH.Further to our septic dump site they tell of one of the workers who fell in. He could not swim but he went through the motions :) :) He carried on undeterred. Also the worker at the dump site had left his jacket on the ground and a truck dumped 2000 gallons of sewerage on it. He was frantically trying to dig it out when his workmate said,Why are you worrying it was an old coat. Its not the coat he said but my sandwiches are in the pocket. Regards Big Bilko :) :) :)

ARCHER

Hey Big Bilko, when you flushed did you use the wand (connects to hose and has 4 holes at bottom and on/off lever at the hose connection end? When my tanks read 3/4 after dumping, the next time, (I ususally do it every other time) I use the wand and really rotate it a lot while flushing (tank open to sewer line BTW) and my gauges normally return to "empty" after the dump. Can't do that in the grey tank so we normally fill them (got two) and treat them and let them sit for a few hours or overnight and then dump them. Gauge ok again then. I wouldn't spend a lot of $$ trying to get them to read correctly. ;)

big bilko

Thanks Archer. I will get one of those wands next time I am in town. Thank you for your imput. :) Regards Big Bilko

*scooter*

I'v e had kinda the same problem with my holding tanks. For the most part the readings are just a guess. My process is to dump, then refill (completely) then dump, then use the wand and nearly fill and re-dump. This system works most the time and if I still get a bad reading I keep an eye :eek: on it till it needs dumping again. I've accepted the fact, you can't rely on the gauges, but if it indicates full, it cetainly gets a lot of attention.

H2H1

Hey Rodger mine is getting that way and this spring I am going to have all the sensors replaced. The DW doesn't like looking at the reading telling her it full, and I know it not, but I go and dump it anyway. All this started last year when I had 4 females ages 6 TO 60 using the toilet , guess to much paper :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

*scooter*

Hollis, the DW here for the most part doesn't have a clue about reading the tank levels. As long as she can run and flush water she's happy. She know there's a limit though. :laugh: So far I can live with the sensor/gauges not being 100%. I'm not sure, but replacing the sensors sounds like $$$. Perhaps in the future :) :question:

H2H1

well My local RV tech told me he would do it for 35.00 per sensor x 3=$105.00 but I think it going to be a little more than that . If my math is correct 85.00 an hour plus 105.00 =$195.00. So I will let him do it . Rodger I normally only have the DW with me and that not a problem, but with 3 GD under age of 10, plus there mom & grand mother it got put thru the mill if you know what I mean :laugh: :laugh: I forgot to tell u my tech comes to the house to work on it, I don't have to take it no where and that nice. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Neal

H2H1 - 1/10/2009 6:45 PM

Hey Rodger mine is getting that way and this spring I am going to have all the sensors replaced.

I have no idea how they work, but my sensors, I think are glued to the outside of the tank & do not penetrate the tank. We hope this will eleminate the sticking problems.

Maybe they work like an electronic stud finder or something.

DL Rupper

My sensors haven't worked for the last 13 years. I just try to time it well. The black tank makes a big kerplunk when it gets close to full. The bathroom gray tank starts backing up in the tub if I guess wrong and the kitchen sinks just refuse to empty when it's time to dump. I try to dump often.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: The not knowing adds a little spice to RVing. ;) :eek:

Hey big bilko, your account of the trip was great. You folks down-under have a way with words. :cool:

big bilko

We will be dumping the tanks tommorrow and have access to flush the system through available.This may give us a more accurate reading. to our trip we lucked out at this R.V park.All of the facilities are great. we back on to a jetty with great fishing .Park has Pool Spa snooker room tennis mini galf Full size golf course next door and spotlessy clean. Only drawback is the Dunny budgies(bush flies) turd burglars(flies) and butchers canaries(blow flies) We are off today on a cruise around the Bay and will have a seafood lunch.Warrnambool is a beautiful town with some exceptional houses from the turn of the century high on the hills overlooking the ocean. This area is a whale nursery and the southern right whales come to calve and they are only a short distance off shore and it is a great sight.Expected temperature today 40 celsius about 102 in your money so I will be putting on my budgie smugglers (skimpy Bathers)and go for a swim later.Regards from down under. Big Bilko :cool: :)