Full-timer Budget

M P_doc

Does anyone use a budget for managing their money as a full-timer? Do you know if there's a template available online somewhere?

I hope we're not getting on your nerves yet...we keep thinking of new questions every day.

akjimny

No Steve / Corrie - you're not getting on our nerves. We actually enjoy answering questions from new RVers - it brings back memories of our first days. As for money - I don't use a budget - just print up more as I go along. I quit fretting over prices a year and a half ago when I was buying gas in Canada for $5.45 US a gallon. Keep in mind I'm not a full-timer, so maybe some of our forum members who are can give you a better answer. And like I said - keep the questions coming - we'll try to provide answers.:):)

M P_doc

Gas is about $7.00 a gallon here (Korea), so I get your meaning. Thankfully we can buy our gas from the PX on base or I believe we might be bicycling to and from work.
:)

LEN

Well one must start with the same thing everyone needs. Medical insurance, $500-$1000 per month plus meds, car motor home insurance, $100 a month, Food, $200-$600 per month here I count all the stuff we buy at the grocery store, eating out, to each his own. We spend $300 to $800 per month on RV parks sometimes more(by the month can be a lot cheaper) and we do boondock about 1/2 the time. Fuel $400-$500 per 1000 miles. Clothing I'm cheap the wife well****. Then $500 plus a bit for maintenance on the RV and towed or tow rig. Now the cost of recreation parks, movies, art shows, this can get expensive or can be no cost. Personal costs, hair cut, nails done(you get the idea). BEER WINE ?????? Fishing Hunting Golf Tennis seems anything you do today takes a fee or license. And there are more, maybe I have sparked thought from others.

LEN

Banleno007

I don't use a budget - just print up more as I go along. I quit fretting over prices a year and a half ago when I was buying gas in Canada for $5.45 US a gallon.
g.gif

C Nash

Our budget just goes to much month at the end of the money. Life to short to worry:stupid:

G

Dang Dave ,, i need to swtich to u'r bank ,, mine sends me a statement once a month saying when they can expect the next deposit ,, and u have 7 days to make it :mad::applause:

H2H1

well at least you have some checks going to the bank, being retired does not pay that much, but the time off is great.

akjimny

Retired??? Ha!!! Boss Lady got me a full time job taking her to doctor appointments. Pay's not great but the companionship is good.:):)

C Nash

I got a full time job sitting in the MH and watching campers go and come. Life is great pay is terrible.:confused: