Full timing

elkhartjim

What defines a full timing rv'er?I could live in mine in the yard. Of course my yard is 130 acres. Do you have to move it? Its another one of those inquiring minds want to know?

DL Rupper

Re: Full timing

Hey Jim, check out RV.Net Open Roads Forum, Full-timing Subject, and then check out a thread/post on it by a person called Lynn Rupper that gives an example/defines what Lynn thinks full-timing is all about.. Also, check out the full-timing thread on "should I buy a pad''. That Lynn person is not thought of very highly over there. :laugh: :evil: They seem to be stuck in the Politically Correct mode and will call anyone a full-timer.

Personally I think I'm a full-timer. I think kirk and Lee (workampers) are full-timers and there are a few other forum members that meet my idea of full-timing. I just can't in my old age remember who they are. :eek: I define a real full-timer as a person that uses the wheels on their Recreation Vehicle to move down the road and see something new. That's just my opinion. There are lots of opinions on this subject. :evil:

H2H1

Tex , I guess you and Sallyberatta are like some of the rest of us, using your wording (some timers') but would like to get out more. But not quite ready yet.

DL Rupper

Funny, I thought Lynn was jerking the PC crowd on RV.Net chains. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kirk

Bring that one up on RV-NET and you always get a war going. The fact is that since Mr. Webster has not chosen to define, or even acknowledge that term, every user can have it mean pretty much whatever they want it to mean.

DL Rupper

You're no fun kirk. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I like my definition about having wheels and using them if you are a full-timer opposed to a permanet full-time RV park resident. :evil:

Browzin

DL Rupper - 12/6/2008 6:05 AM

You're no fun kirk. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I like my definition about having wheels and using them if you are a full-timer opposed to a permanet full-time RV park resident. :evil:

OK DL now I have to play devil's advocate and ask what your deffinition of a "permanet full-time RV park resident" actually is?

:laugh: Sorry just have to ask.

DL Rupper

Ok. I think there are two kinds of full-timers. The first type is an "on the road" RVer that is an adventurer that stays on the move pretty much all of the time. They tend to stay a month or two here and there and travel between places staying 2-3 days to catch the local sights. They may stay a week or two if things look interesting. They travel all over the U.S. Some workampers also fit the full-timer profile moving from place to place working and sightseeing.

The permanent RV park resident is just that. They stay all year in one place/park . At the most they may move up north in the summer and down south for the winter. They generally own their own pad/site or rent the same place year round or 6mos/6mos. They do not have the spirit to go "on the road" with the full-time lifestyle.

It is the lifestyle that truly identifies a full-timer from a RV park resident. Living full-time in one place in an RV only makes a person a RV'er and is not much different than living in a stick house. No challenge. Just my opinion. :bleh: ;)

There is nothing wrong with being a permanent RV park resident. You can qualify if you own a park model. You own or rent the pad/site and the Park Model stays in the RV park year round and actually has wheels if you really need to move it.
However, it isn't much different than a small 1 bedroom house.

I guess the whole point to me is a RV is a recreation vehicle. The key word is vehicle. Vehicles have wheels which facilitates movement down the road. Recreational moving from place to place is the entire purpose behind RV's. Just my opinion.

H2H1

Well defined DL, you are really a full timer. I only wish I could be. :(

Browzin

Thanks DL, your explantion of your idea of a full time park resident is good enough for me. Might not be for some others, but hey, they are allowed there opinions.

C Nash

Dang Hollis and Browzin there you go swelling ole DLs head up again by agreeing with him :laugh: ;). Now we got to all work together to get it back down to where he can get his cap back on "BACKWARDS". :laugh:

DL since they have already swelled your head I will agree great explantion :laugh:

H2H1

hey Nash it can't swell any bigger. I heard that while he was down in NM they didn't have one of those sumbellos hat large enough for his head :laugh: :laugh: ,,,,, Dl u know we are JK u

SnowbirdInFlight

Well my DH and I live in our TT full-time. We have a nice little pad back home in Illinois for the summer months. We may stay there for a couple of months and then go 'camping' with the trailer in one of the nearby state parks or even travel further north to follow the 'cool' weather. Or, we may just stay there for the entire six months we are home. In the winter we head south and stop and go for the next six months. We might stay a month (as we are now) or just a day or week. I consider us full-timers because we live in our TT full-time. If we were constantly moving around every day, week, or month, I would consider us Nomads. JMHO.

thtravel.gif

From dictionary.com
full-time 
–adjective 1. working or operating the customary number of hours in each day, week, or month: a full-time housekeeper; full-time production. Compare part-time. –adverb 2.

on a full-time basis.

no⋅mad
–noun 1. a member of a people or tribe that has no permanent abode but moves about from place to place, usually seasonally and often following a traditional route or circuit according to the state of the pasturage or food supply. 2. any wanderer; itinerant. –adjective 3. nomadic.