Fulltiming Expense Budget

PattiRon

Hello: I usually read many threads to learn. You folks sure are helpful.

I have searched the web for budgets or logged expenses for full time rving. I sure would appreciate anything you are willing to share whether it be monthly or annual, by category would be nice. I know I am asking for a lot. If you don't want to post it here, an email would be great. You can get that from my profile, right?

Patti and I are planning well ahead. I am on disability while she approaches retirement. Depending on the responses we get, we may go sooner than later.

If you could comment on 1 other thing...I will be 66 by the time we leave and I am not a mechanic...will I likely be able to handle rving?

Thank you for your time, Ron

C Nash

Re: Fulltiming Expense Budget

Ron, as far as being able to handle rving at your age should be no problem. A lot depends on your disability. It does help to be able to do your own repairs. Things will go wrong with the rv just as regular stick built homes. Repairs can be very espensive as most shop rates are around 85 dollars per hour labor. Good luck

brodavid

I agree with Tex and Nash, it all depends on what kind of disabilities and what you can and can not do, I am in a wheelchair with little use of my lower body, I still work the best I can on what I can. Age is only in your mind, sometimes elsewhere, like Tex's lumbago, JK TEX, but you can go and enjoy yourselves to the best of your abilities and have a great time , we do

C Nash

BroDavid, have to kind of disagree with the mind thing. Mine still is telling me I can do it but the body is begining to argue and tell the brain it's crazy. :eek: :laugh: :laugh:

brodavid

My mind tells my body what to do and my body tells it it is not listening:
My mind and body has not talked in so long that I believe that they have divorced. :) :) :)

PattiRon

I appreciate the quick responses. Who is Kirk and where is his site?

I was born with Spina Bifida. It didn't slow me down much until after age 45. There are other considerations, but mostly its a lower back and leg pain issue that cannot be corrected via surgery. As long as I remember to go very slowly and to take my meds, I get by ok.

The only expense budget I have been able to find online was 1 couple who spent $42,000 per year on the road fulltime. I realize we all live differently, thank goodness. While some may spend heavy on every attraction along the road, we simply want to see America's hiways and byways. I've been across the country 3 times on 4 wheels. This time, I want to stop and explore an area for a month or more. This retirement thing of being tied to my stix and brix stinks. Sounds like a country song... So, if yas could give me minimal or average dollars per year, it could change our decision from some day to very soon. Thanks again, Ron

Shadow

Kirk is a member of this forum. Texasclodhopper gave you his link. You will find the link very helpful. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

C Nash

Ron you can live on the road about as cheap as at home if you get rid of the home or just shut everything down. You can get by on less than 42k IMO. I guess if you count everything it might run that much. Guess it cost about that just to live today. Campsites will cost no more than rent if you rent at home. RV upkeep is no more than a home will cost. Food is eaten at both. Electric bill will be no more than the home bill was. Water is included in campsite fee most of the time. No property tax camping. If the grass needs cutting MOVE :laugh: Don't like your neighbor (seldom happens) move. You can even do some camp hosting for extra cash or free sites. Winter to cold go south. Summer to hot go north. Fuel bill for vehicle may run a little more than when living in one spot. All in all just kind of everything balances out IMO. There are downsides to being on the road but I don't like to talk abot them. :(

PattiRon

Wow. I thought I had responded to your kind comments. Guess I forgot to click submit.

Yes, I overlooked that link. Thank you. Yes, Kirk's site was very helpful. His was only 1 of 2 sites I could find online that had a budget page.

Thank you Kirk for the budget and the terrific explanations of each year that followed.

Ron

utmtman

PattiRon, I have fibromyalgia(back and legs), herniated discs in my neck and lower back, bursitis and arthritis in the right leg hip joint. And there are days I can hardly stand and walk, but yet I fulltime with a motor home and spend usually four hours at a time driving and usually have problems getting up out of the driver seat when we stop but I would not trade the fulltime lifestyle for anything in this world. I stumble on and I take each day one day at at time and enjoy life.

Kirk

Ron,
Glad that you enjoyed our website. I guess I don't check this particular part of the forum very often as I have never owned an class C. Had a lot of different RVs, but no class C and no fiver. OH WELL, I suppose one can't have everything!

jack g

pattiron

i sent you a pm, not sure if i did it right. if you didn't get it let me know and I try to resend