funny how this sight works

G

I must say something about all the spammers here ,, it is getting outta hand ,, and the bad part is ,, i post a "simple " reply to a user on here about rv parts and i go under the gun ,, and it gets deleted ,, but all the others go on and on ,, i guess this rv forum is now for the spammers ,, i may be wrong ,, but i thought all this was fixed ,, oh well ,, i will shut up now ,, before i get deleted ,, or really mad ,, it is no fun trying to answer a honest question from an rver that is looking for "hopefully" good advice ,, then these spammers step in with thier adds and ruin it for everyone

akjimny

I agree Rod. It seems we get alot more spammers with this new forum format than we did with the old one. But I guess this is supposed to be the "industry standard" format, so any hacker/spammer would know how to bomb us with their crap. The only good thing I've found so far is the little ! in a triangle that let's me alert Cindy and the gang of any spammer that posts. Oh well........

vanole

I don't usually weigh in on stuff like this, however I totally agree with the two above posters whom I have a great deal of respect for. I for one don't like some of the drivel some of these folks post and do wish something would or could be done to vote them off the island here.

Jeff

Cindy Hendricks

Administrator
Staff member
TNARVS - your replies are getting deleted? I didn't know that. Are your replies after the spammer post in a thread?

When I delete a spammer, I'm only deleting their post in the thread. I will keep my eye on it.

AkJimny - I really do appreciate your help in reporting spam posts. I caught two more this morning and deleted them.

I can tell you before we switched to this forum, I was spending probably 6-7 hours or more removing spam posts and those users from the system. Now we might spend an hour a week.

Remember, any of you can report a post to us as spam by using the little triangle with an exclamation mark in it at the bottom of each post.

Thank you!! :)

LEN

Thanks Cindy, Is there away when one signs up like on other sights you can confirm E-mail addresses before they/we can sign in the first time.

LEN

LEN

Very good. Maybe an added line to the sign up at that point saying Any Spamming will be billed at $100 at per time and sent to local collection.

LEN