Furnace Situation

buffs94

Hi. Last night for no reason my furnace stopped working. To the best of my knowledge, it's LP-powered. What are some things I can look for? Thanks a lot.

Gary B

Furnace Situation

Hi tell us more about the furnace, whats it doing, just blowing cold air, doesn't try to light whats the model, age, manufacture etc. :) :laugh: :cool: ;) :approve:

Krazeehorse

Furnace Situation

Are your coach batteries low? The circulating fans are usually 12V so if you weren't plugged in to "shore power" and running your converter, low voltage might be the problem.

buffs94

Furnace Situation

Hi. Thanks for replying. I don't know off hand the make and model of the furnace but the RV is an 84 Rockwood. It's not blowing cold air, it's just not blowing at all. Do these things have fuses or something? Thanks again.

ARCHER

Furnace Situation

Just a thought. A friend of mine here in the campground had a similar problem and after a lot of heartburn and headaches he found that the GFCI was bad. He replaced it and now has a furnace, Fridge on A/C, ETC.
Make sure your GFCI is not tripped or bad??

Krazeehorse

Furnace Situation

GFCI is a ground fault circuit interrupter. It trips like a circuit breaker to prevent shock. They are more sensitive than a breaker and aren't reacting to the amperage being drawn like a breaker. These are the outlets you have next to the sink in your kitchen and bathroom with the test button and reset button. There may be one in the circuit that is powering the furnace. There are 12V fuses for the coach accessories somewhere too. If you don't have the manual, happy hunting. :)

ARCHER

Furnace Situation

If the GFCI won't reset then it probably should be replaced OR you may have a short somewhere that is tripping it. By the way, the GFCI has two buttons in the middle (one for test black and one for red reset or vise versa, can't remember (getting old)) that is Krazeehorse is right about the fuses and/or circuit breakers. Check them all to make sure none are tripped.