FURNACE

ARCHER

Well, we've owned our Chieftain for almost a year and I've learned a whole lot from posting stuff/questions and I might add, saved a whole lot of money based on all the help I've received from many of you.
Now for my current problem. Not really a problem as it is more of an education thing.
Can anyone tell me where the furnace is located on a 1989 Winn 31 Chieftain? Where can you access it.
Sounds kind of dumb on my part, as I should know this, but the owner's manual doesn't tell me where it is located.
Thanks to all for any help you can provide.
Regards :) :)

Adam

FURNACE

Well I haven"t any knowlege about MH's but on my various trailers the furnace is alway behind the large air intake grille. Maybe you can also go to the exterior of your MH and look for the furnance burner intake/exhaust port. Hope this was some sort of help! :)

ARCHER

FURNACE

Adam,
Thanks for the guidance. I know where the intake/exhaust ports are located, but I cannot find where the actual furnace is located whre I can access it. It is not that there is anything wrong because it worked beautifully this past winter in Florida, but doing maintenance requires me to access it to make sure not leaks are present (LP) before I use it again this coming winter.
I guess I could send a note to Winnebago and ask them.
Regards again and thanks ;)

Kirk

FURNACE

Archer, you probably have a furnace built by Suburban and they only have penitration through the skin of the RV by the air intake and exhaust. The post that mentioned a large metal door is speaking of a furnace by Atwood. For a Subruban, it must be accessed from inside the RV and usually will have to be removed for most maintenance. I like their product except of that issue.

ARCHER

FURNACE

Kirk,
Thanks for the info. I did contact Winnebago and they told me I had to remove the outside panel that holds the intake/exhaust ports to access the furnace. I have not looked at it yet, but will soon. Sounds like I hope it is a Suburban Furnace.
;)