Fuses for running and brake lights? - 1989 TT

sp

My friend has an 89 Wilderness TT that he is having a problem with the running lights. The blinkers, brakes and brake lights work but not the running lights. I tried to find a fuse block like I had in the 76 shasta and 76 prowler but couldn't find anything. The 7 point wire runs up through the metal under side of the camper and that is it. I thought there would be one located by the table like in the others but nothing. I'm guessing that if there are no fuses there has to be a bad spot in the 7 point plug but then where are the wires connected so you can replace the whole thing??

Any thoughts? thanks, sp

C Nash

Steve have you checked to see if you have voltage at the plug with running lights on?

Johnny-O

Hi Steve, First thing you need to find out, is the problem in the truck or TT? Take the plug on the trailer, with the square notch at the 12 o'clock position, the battery terminal, from the trailer(make sure the battery is hooked up and charged) should be at the 11 o'clock position. Check this with a 12V test light.
Then with a jumper wire, go to the first terminal clockwise, this should be the running light circuit. If the lights work then the problem is in the truck. If the truck is fairly new it probibly has a separate fuse some where for the tow package. If the lights don't work :disapprove: You'll have to start digging :( LOL
John

Grandview Trailer Sa

Yes Steve, John is correct. Your problem could very well be your truck. Your profile says it is a 2003 Dodge. You have seperate fuses for the truck and trailer. Get your owners manual out and under the hood, drivers side, top of fenderwell, you will find a fuse panel. Use your manual to locate the trailer running lights and signal lights. If your fuses are blown, you will have to figure out what blew them.