gas and diesel cost

H2H1

I know this is not sitting to well with most, but how has the cost of GAS and RVing cut into your life style? I know it has hit me in my pocket. Our trip to Utah may be by plane and a car rental. We are still comparing the cost and see which way to go. So tell us what you think.

LEN

The average RVer puts on about 5000 miles a year. I do a bit more. So at a $1 more a gallon now as to yesterday it will cost us as Rver's between $600 and a $1000 more a year. So I boondock a bit more and bite the bullet for the rest. I'm out and about about 6 months of the year and can also set still by the month for a couple months and makeup the difference.
Paying about 4.19 a gallon right now.

LEN

C Nash

We are making shorter trips between cgs and staying longer in one place. I will still go the rv route until we quit. 4$ a gallon may park us so getting close and already there in some places. Just dont like the motel route. Know it's sometimes cheaper but just like my own bed. LOL

H2H1

hey Nash, most of us rvers don't like motels either, but we have to do what we can. That is making and keep the better half happy. So if she said we will fly out, then we will fly out.still like to take the MH.

Thomas M.

I don't think you save money motorhoming. The cost of motels/restaurant food is about the same as average initial outlay for the RV, higher cost of gas and other related costs. I like the RV route. It's a lifestyle that can't be beat.

vanole

I'm heading home on the 24th from South Florida. Down here in the Miami area diesel is running $4.22 which is about 30 cents a gal more than when I arrived (Nov). Unleaded was about $3.56 a gal and is hovering around $4.00 a gal. Most of the snowbirds who have left already that I keep in contact with have been telling me SOCAR has the cheapest fuel on the drive north. I have a 150 gal tank and can make it home without a fuel stop but will fill up in SOCAR befrore getting home to Va Beach where I will fill up again.

I will do a couple more local outings with 90 miles of the house vice venturing long distances. Will head back south again in November chasing the warmer weather.

On a different note has a M&G locale been finalized yet?

Jeff

Just returned from a week in VA.Drive a 2010 Damon,Astoria 340 Diesel,toad is a 2010 ford taurus,went 386.3 miles used 44.88 gals of diesel and averaged 8.60MPg.Total fuel cost was $184.00.Last year it would of cost about half of this,but like most RVers we cant sit at home all year.Didnt really see many RVs on the road,could be a little early for many to travel.Was going to Alaska also this year,but will wait and see.OB has something up his sleave,will wait on that one.All I got to say is if you can afford it go,cant take it with you.

Triple E

Just remember that we have an election coming up this fall. When you choose the one that you want think about your RV. I know of two guys that don't care if you get out and enjoy this country that many of you have fought for. One of them just wants you to stay home and not travel unless you pay the price of gas that England is paying and the other one is back by Wall Street, Big Banks and Oil. You do have another choice. One that has fought for our country, back by the active military and by the average American people. The only one with a Constitutional record. Don't listen to the Main Stream Media, listen to your heart. As god as my witness I will not vote for the less of the two evils. I will vote my heart. I will not be a hypocrite to this country that I love.

H2H1

Steve that has NOTHING to do with my post. I ask if you want to place something policital, please go to a site that is there for it.

Triple E

My post has nothing to do with the price of gas. Hmm. No wonder we are in the trouble we are in. Just saying.

akjimny

Well, I HAVE to make the trip to Alaska this year since we sold the sticks and bricks down here in Florida. Gas prices will be what ever they will be and I'll just have to pay it. I have budgeted $5,000 for this 5009 mile journey. Basically a dollar a mile. Hopefully it will be less, but I'm not counting on it. I know gas prices will be ridiculous in Canada.:(:(

C Nash

If you figure in the cost of your rv plus maintiance, insurance and tow or toad I am sure its juat as cheap going motel. I sure would hate to pay for motels for as long as we or out though. Hollis nothing wrong with a trip by motel. I was just stating the way I prefer to go. Son is gone to Auburn A day game now and will be in a motel tonight and tomorrow. Rving is just like a hobby Just something you enjoy and hope you can pay for.

H2H1

wow Steve, I know I would have to park it for awhile if gas ever gets that high. All I saying is G&D is just to damn high. It has to be putting a cramp in RVers buget.

vanole

My wife drove home last night (I-95) from Miami and she called me a couple of times with diesel prices she seen all north of Brunswick Ga prices were running anywhere from high $3.70's to low $3.90's at the truck stops and higher at the mom and pops. Hope the prices hold that way on the 24th when I head north.

Jeff

H2H1

Jeff just wait a little longer, G&D will fall like a rock when the election get closer. That way the Prez will claim he feels our pain and made it go down, all you have to do is wait.