GAS FILTER

ARCHER

OK, I have been trying to find the gas filter (the large in-line one) on my 1989 Winnie/Chieftain based on last post of gas problem on trip home.
Well, I must be either blind or someone stole it (ha ha :laugh: ) but I can't find it. I know there is one in the carb, but I understand there is also another larger one in-line.
Anyone know the area underneath where it might be??
Help....

GAS FILTER

mine was on TOP of the frame between the tank and the engine on the passenger side about halfway between the tank and engine...goodluck
bossman1

hertig

GAS FILTER

I had a ford van which exhibited similar symptoms, and they put the fuel filter inside the frame with a cover over it. It took me quite a while to take out the bolts between the frame and body a few degrees at a while; when I reassembled it, I replaced the bolts on the side of the frame and left those bolts to the top out :)

ARCHER

GAS FILTER

Well, the fuel filter was the cause. thanks to all who told me where to look for it. Once I found it, it was easy to change ( :) ). Of course, I got a mouthful of gas when I cut the old hose off...ha ha. I drove it for approx 100 miles and no bogging down at all. Actually, it drove better than my original trip down to Florida last Dec. I also bought the carb filter, but have not installed it yet.
I'm just so happy now and I can look forward to fixing the hot water tank... :laugh:
Appreciate the help, all