gas price

C Nash

Well, just read where gas is expected to rise another 20 cents per gallon before Thanksgiving. Better hurry and fill the MH tonight:eek: Record prices predicted for spring. Great news for rvers:dead:

G

RE: gas price

Well that pretty much puts me in limbo mode for the spring season :) :( ..
If gas is going up that much i don't want to know what diesel is going up to :angry: :angry: :eek: .
I bet by summer it will be over 5 buck a gallon,, i think i may start charging that 3 dollar fuel fee on call outs ;) :)

H2H1

Re: gas price

Hi everyone, gas is well over $3.00 here at the army base where I buy my gas. I really do care how high it may go , but I will never give up RV'ing. I just have to make shorter trips and save up more for the long haul. Life it to short to worry about the cost of gas . I will just save longer before we head out. I refuse to let high gas dictate my life. to all rest assure that I am not wealthy man , I am retired and on a fixed income.but I love life and it's to short so enjoy it.

G

Agreed ,, but if gas or diesel get to 20 bucks a gallon i might take a second look at rving ,,, bty ,, alot of fulltimers are shutting down due to the fuel prices :( ,,, i myself am feeling the effects ,, and don't like it ONE BIT :approve: :disapprove:

TexasClodhopper

Good news! Oil prices dropped $3+ today! That means in 6 months all the gas stations will stop raising the price and might even have a price war over the top $0.20! Ain't we lucky? :dead:

C Nash

See all we got to do is start complaning about the gas price and Tex drops the price. :laugh:

G

Damn i knew Tex was in the oil bussiness ,, why else would he use Texasclodhopper as his forum name???? ,, he don't want us to know about all those 13 billion oil wells he has :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil:
Hey bty Tex ,, i nedd a few hundred gallon of fuel to tide me over ,, can u email it to me :question: or beter than that send it via PM :laugh: :laugh: ;) :eek:

TexasClodhopper

I did one better ... I faxed it to you last night. Texas-T. Straight out of the ground. All ya gotta do is squeeze it a little to make some gas!! Poppa will show you how.

It is so funny. We have a city east of Houston called Baytown. Many of you have at least passed it going in or out of Houston on I-10.

For the most part, it consists of refineries and chemical plants. Big ones like Exxon, Shell and Chevron.

The gas price around there is always higher!

Shadow

Have to agree with H2H1. From the full timer, seasonal camper to the weekend warrior. We all love camping to much to just give it up. May have to plan a little better but still will find a way to get out. From shorter trips to staying a little longer, what ever it takes. Worked to many years, and to close to retirement not to do some traveling. Been looking forward to this for to long to not go for it. :bleh:

H2H1

Way to go Butch, stay the course, as you plan for your retirement. I have worked to long for my retirement and for the pleasure of rv'ing. Yes we may make shorter trips and stay a little longer and make only a few long trips , but we will continue to go. Life is to short, enjoy it while we can and in good health .God bless everyone in the RV world! Hollis

DL Rupper

We will stay 1 month at a time. Much better campground rates. Just think every time they raise diesel it smells much better. They must put secret additives to make the Cummins diesel smoke smell better. That way they can keep us Cummins owners on the road. Makes sense to me :eek: ;) :laugh:

ARCHER

Well, I parked the Class A and will try to sell it next spring. Bought the TT from Kenneth at GTS and hauled it with my ole Dodge 5.9l to Florida and parked it in a special spot. Will leave it down here in Florida for 6 months and spend that 6 months back home in Indiana. I just could not afford the 6-7 MPG on the Class A but could not just give my RVing up for good. Hope to use the TT for 3-5 years (if it don't rust through before that with the salt air), then maybe we will go with a 5er and a diesel truck. Ole well, things will work out. Gotta keep a positive attitude about the whole thing... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;) :)

C Nash

See Tex was just yanking our leg or maybe Shadow out there in Texas just caused gas to go to 3.06 today :(