Gas Prices

DL Rupper

Gas Prices

The debate Gas vs Diesel just tipped to diesel in pickups. At $3.00+/gal you don't have to travel too far to justify the extra cost of the diesel engine in a pickup.

ARCHER

Gas Prices

Well, I'm glad I topped off the tank when I got home in the spring (treated the gas as well), so at least I got a full tank to start my trip to Texas in Nov. I'm hoping the price will subside a little by then. I do look for Sam's Club or COSTCO to gas up. Just gased up two vehicles today at Costco and paid $2.729 for regular and $2.920 for Prem. Rest of the stations around here were over $3.00+. guess I'll just have to have the little lady do some pushing this fall (at least to the top of each hill)...........yea right........will have been married for 38 years this coming Sat and still as happy as the first day....... :) :bleh: :blush: ;)

Grandview Trailer Sa

Gas Prices

I hate the prices as much as everyone else. One thing that has surprised me is that ALL season, we have not had ONE person tell us they weren't buying because of gas or diesel prices. In the last week, we have sold 5 units and even though it was talked about, everyone said they were going camping!!!

slow-canoe

Gas Prices

They must have alot better income than mine. Still looking for a horse and maybe a teepee , I call that the new George Bush RV ,the 2005 model. :clown: :laugh:

turnipbwc

Gas Prices

Man, the gas prices are bad here at $3.12 a gallon. To top it off I had to pay $3.45 for a gallon of milk and $3.25 for a gallon of Ice cream. Now think about that for a minute......
turnip42 :laugh:

SnowbirdInFlight

Gas Prices

Hey turnip in my small town of Johnston City, Illinois reg and diesel was $2.99. We filled 'er up!BTW me and my hubby on working on our 39th year of marriage. I tell everyone we've had 10 wonderful years of marriage, then when they ask, "Oh, have you been married ten years?" I tell them no, 38 years married only 10 of them happy! Always gets a laugh! ;)

ARCHER

Gas Prices

Hey, Snowbird, I thought you were gonna say, it took you 28 years to do the training and the last ten have been happy. Congrats

DL Rupper

Gas Prices

Hey slow canoe, I think the name of the 2005 RV is the EVIRONMENTALIST RV. If we could do a little oil drilling in the U.S. and build some new oil refineries we wouldn't have high priced fuel.

P.S. The environmentalist's would love nothing better than to have all of the RV'ers using horses pulling covered wagons.

hertig

Gas Prices

turnip, good thing you didn't buy any bottled 'spring' water. That stuff can top $8 a gallon...

Oh, and that was a pretty good price for ice cream. Usually we have to pay that or more for 1/2 gallon.

turnipbwc

Gas Prices

hertig,
I goofed....that was a half gallon I bought.....wow that's worse yet....makes ice cream $6.50 a gallon. Gas here tonight was $3.19 a gallon. I think that's just crazy. I agree with DL Rupper, drill here in the US and it's time for goverment to stop passing the buck. :angry:

texas_42

Gas Prices

We had a major reduction in gas price in East Texas today........went down 2 cent a gal to $2.79 gal. I got to figuring my Diet Dr. Peppers and each 12 pack is more than a gal. of gas. Don't need them anyway I guess........

Tassiedevil

Gas Prices

We are very happy to hear your petrol prices, we are paying $3.91us per gallon for regular petrol where I live in Australia, it has increased nearly 30% in the last 4 months, RVing through the USA will be much cheaper than than travelling in one through Australia. Diesel is slightly more expensive than gas here at the moment. Regards Sue

DL Rupper

Gas Prices

Hey Sue,. good luck on your trip. Diesel was slightly higher here than regular gas, but since the hurricane Katrina diesel is slightly less in Ohio than gas.

Tassiedevil

Gas Prices

Oh no its just gone up again, it's now $4.15US per gallon for regular gas in Tasmania. Sydney and other capital cities are only a couple of cents cheaper,Sue