gas refrigerator

ispoons

i have a 76 shasta trailer that i just got for to use during deer season.i was told if i leave the ref on that it would not be good for it,i was planning on leaving the pilot on for several weeks,if so would i do any harm to the ref. :question:

Gary B

gas refrigerator

Hi ispoons, there really isn't a pilot light on refers, for cooling the thermostat regulates the size of the flame, it won't hurt a thing to run the refer as long as it is level, it is very important to have rv refers level, you can damage the cooling unit in a day running them out of level. Some folks leave their refers run year around and it won't / doesn't harm them. :) :cool:

ispoons

gas refrigerator

my gas ref does have a pilot lite,do these ref use much gas?how about the gas furnace do they use a lot of gas

Gary B

gas refrigerator

No the refers don't use all that much LP, a furnace will use more depending on the size, if its 20000 BTU it will use alot more. The flame you see on the refer is the burner, they don't have a pilot the burner on the older units burn continuiously, they are bigger than a stove/furnace pilot light but much less then a stove burner. A gallon of LP has approx 96000 BTU per gal so a 20000 BTU furnace would burn a gal of gas every 4/5 hrs, I think a refer would use a gal. in about 3/4 days, hope this helps. :) :approve: