Gas/service stations with ample room in/out...........

parigi

Hello:
I was wondering if there is a publication or the way that you RVs use to locate gas/service station with ample in/out space
to maneuver my 5th W.I'm growing up in years and looking for an easier,less stressful way to gas up,and be on my way.
Any particular sign in your travel that help you locate these stations along the highways?
Many thanks in advance for your time in replying!!parigi.:confused:

TexasClodhopper

Pilot / Flying J usually have RV lanes or a designated lane at the end of a set of pumps. I've been in several now, and they all look good with plenty of room.

You can also apply on-line for a discount card. Pilot has an APP for the iPhone that will locate the stations near whereever you are.

vanole

Like Tex said Pilot and Flying J have specific RV lanes usually set off by them selves. Most Wilco Hess stations that I have seen have their pumps running parallel to the store for ease with 14' clearance. I use Wilco a bunch but run around to the rear at the diesel pumps I'm pushing 67' with Toad.

There is a pub called fuel finders friend runs about $6 that may help but does not show the layout of the pumps just locations.

On long trips I utilize this website http://www.truckstopinfoplus.com/ to make sure they take a voyager credit card and see what services they offer. Some stops have satellite photo's you can zoom in on to get the lay of the land before clobbering the pumps. One reason I like Wilco is that most of their stations are layed out the same for me. I drive past the store and turn on the access road and slide right into the truck pumps.

Up and down I-95 until Pilot bought out Flying J Pilot used to have the cheapest diesel. Now that they are in bed together it seems to me they run higher than everyone except Travel America (TA).

LEN

All truck stops will be good as you are still smaller than the BIG RIGS.
In other cases I just take a good look before committing to a possible back out.

LEN