GENERATOR EXHAUST

Bladerunner

I needed a way to channel the generator exhaust away from my neighbors. I couldn't get myself to buy one of those $200.00 exhaust pipe adapters. I went to Home Depot and bought an electrical 90 degree pipe, I split one end to make it fit better on the generator exhaust. I also picked up one piece of 1.5 in sched 40 PVC pipe. I then went to Advance auto Parts and purchased two 3 foot pieces of muffler pipe. They came with one end widened to slip over the other piece. These fit over the 90 degree piece perfectly. I then added the PVC to finish routing the exhaust over the top of my Class C. It attaches directly to the edge of my slide out with a zip tie, no problems. I have used it twice and it worked perfectly both times. I use the metal at the bottom due to the hot gas, but it cools enough to run the PVC after that. In addition it breaks down into pieces small enough to put in my hold. The longest piece is the PVC and it can be split as well if necessary.

TexasClodhopper

Re: GENERATOR EXHAUST

Now, that's what I'm talkin' about! Good engineering there Roger! Thanks for laying it out for us, too.

H2H1

Hey Roger, how about putting some picture in the albums section. My exhaust vents at the Master bed room and is very loud at night, so you invention sound intrigue ing to me.

H2H1

Hey Roger I forgot to tell that now they have fire /heat resistance PVC that is use on fire sprinkler systems. It come in orange color so as to be different. so if you start having a melt down on the PVC that you have go look for the orange stuff.