Generator

fadcox

Just purchased a new 5th wheel and in the hunt for a generator. The unit is generator prepped. The 5.5 KW Marquis Gold (LP) Onan was an option from the factory. Anyone out there own this generator? I was on a website of a company called Colorado Standby. They sell this generator. I would also like to hear from you if you have done business with them. Thank you.

Frank

s.harrington

Generator

All onan gensets are good powerplants though usually on the noisy side. Also check out Honda and Yamaha generators they are usually quieter. the new Kipor gensets are Hondas that are made in China under special license and are cheaper.

C Nash

Generator

Frank we have the 5.5 Marquis Gold (gas) and it has been great. Hardly know it's running when inside the MH. I personally don't like the LP because of the smell but, guess since you have the fifth wheel you would need the LP model. You could install a tank with a quick connect smiliar to a boat tank in the truck bed to run a gas model.

fadcox

Generator

Chelse,
My 5th Wheel has a special compartment for the generator, insulated, vented, etc. Do you think I will smell the LP from inside? Thanks.

Frank

C Nash

Generator

Frank, No you probably will not get the smell inside other than through the door when opening. They may not all give off the terrible smell like the one we were beside when boondocking at a BMX race. It was terrible. Don't know what brand it was but the smell was about the same as a disturbed skunk :laugh: