genset oil filter

H2H1

Hello I am getting the MH ready for our western trip. I just changed the MH oil& filter and would like to change the genset oil & filter. I have an Onan Marquis gold 5500. I can't seem to find what type of oil filter I need for this genset. Can anyone provide any help.

thanks

DL Rupper

Re: genset oil filter

Check out Cummins web sites or go to a Cummins dealer. They carry the Onan filters. Camping World used to carry them.
You need the Onon Genset Model number# For instance Models that start BGE,BGA, BGM or NHE,NHM,NHD etc. Then cross reference to the Filter part #.

tallyo

If I can read my hand writing well enough the oil filter is a Onan filter #122-0836, Air filter is #140-3116. Mine is a Onan Gold 5500, Model HGJAB Spec D. If I am not mistaken the part numbers for both air and oil filters are on a plate, under the cover, where the model numbers are located.
Try calling 1-800-888-6626.

H2H1

THANKS DL & Tallyo I have all that info, but do you know if it would sold at a national auto parts store, i.e. NAPA, Autozone, Advance Auto Parts. I hate to order on line even to CW. Once again thanks

G

Hollis u can get an oil filter thru napa ,, it's not a onan filter but it works the same ,, just get the number off the old filter u have and go to u'r local napa and they can cross it ,,, but be sure to go with the gold series filter and not the cheaper brand ,, i have done this on my genset and ones we work on ,, better than waiting to drive a few miles to Cummins ,, i know their shops are way outta town ,, atleast they are here ,, hope this helps ,, if u pm me the filter number i can cross it for u to the Napa number ,,, ;) :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

Thanks Rod, I'll do that this week. I looked at the filter and it is a small thing. I will take it off maybe this afternoon and look for the #. thanks again

G

Did u get the filter number off the old filter yet???
:laugh: bet he;s waiting on DL to come read it ,, since it is a cummins brand ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
JK hollis ,, and u know i am ;) :cool: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: