Georgie Boy Fresh Water Tank

Cookie

I have a 1997 Maverick Class C. I'm boondocking a lot and I'm trying to find access to the fresh water tank so I can manually fill the tank with fresh water. Most RV's I have seen have an access where you can funnel water in. I can't even see my tank!

Any Maverick owners have a clue?

Thanks

Cookie

akjimny

Re: Georgie Boy Fresh Water Tank

Hi Cookie and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. Sorry about the delay in answering your question, but I just found your post today. Anyway, the water tank should be centered under the bed in the rear of the motorhome. On the driver's side, back by the rear window there should be two intakes for fresh water. One will be a hose connector (like a garden hose end) that you connect to your hose and the spigot at camp. This bypasses the water pump and the water tank and uses campground pressure to deliver water to the coach. If you hook up to the campground water supply, you should have a pressure regulator on the end of your hose to make sure you don't over-pressure your coach's water lines.

Also somewhere back there on the driver's side you should have another water inlet that is just a pipe (looks like a hole in the wall). Sometimes they are behind a small hatch, sometimes not. Mine isn't - just has a screw-on cover on the inlet pipe. This is where you fill the internal water tank. Be gentle when filling as you can fill it too fast and cause it to rupture.

Hope this helps and again, sorry for getting to this so late. :) :) :)