Getting it Ready

pogybait

Well thanks ladies and gentleman for your help in winterizing. Soon I will find out if it all worked. My question is any advice in getting the Pink Stuff out. What do do first? (take the cover off would be my guess). Battery then AC? Blow the Pink Stuff out? Any advice would be appreciated, seeing this is our first time.
Thanks
Bill

hertig

Re: Getting it Ready

Living in Tucson, I've never dealt with the pink stuff. I think if I did have a RV full of it, I'd hook up to city water, open all the faucets, and wait for them to all run clear. But surely there are people out there with experiance with this.

If the batteries were in the RV, and it was cold, they could be unhappy. I would take them out and check for any signs of damage, make sure they were full of water, and charge them on a good external charger. Then I'd check each cell with a hygrometer, and then slap a big load tester across them. If they survived the storage, put em back in (You marked the cables so there is not chance of hooking them up wrong, didn't you :) ) If they weren't exposed to much cold, I probably wouldn't bother taking them out; I'd inspect them and perform the other tests in place.

dennis1949

Re: Getting it Ready

I flush out the pink stuff with city water. But after it turns clear I keep flushing for about an Hour to get the sweet taste out of the lines