getting ready for a trip

G

Re: getting ready for a trip

i know this post is over a month old ,, but i finally got my mh ready for our trip ,, oil change is still to be done as is the sanitizing of the tanks ,,, but the biggest part i have to do is ,, chang the damn spark plugs in the coach ,, has not been done since it was new ,, u think it's time ,, i think while i'm at it i'll do cap,rotor and wires ,, that way i feel better about it ,, so as of now i thought i was caught up but ,, 3 more add ons to the list ,, but i will get them all done by this weekend .... ;) ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :approve: :approve: :cool: :cool:

H2H1

good luck Rod, I know how you feel. I got a tech coming out to the house Monday to go over mine. The up coming trip will be our furthest yet and want to be safe. I called WM in Shreveport asked if we could stay over night and there blessing so all is set to go .Good luck on your

G

ok so i'll use a 1/4 cup to my 30 gallon tank ,, thanks tex ,, i knew this stuff once but i forget some of the simpler things ,, such as where does the white hose hook to and how do i get an adapter that will hook the white hose to the big 3inch outlet on the bottom side of the coach ,,, hey sorry ,, i'm being silly tonight ,, really tired ,, i guess the rv trvl time is upon us ,, and also read in the paper ,, that most of the public is going to use there "stimulus" cks on vacations ,, so u know what that means ,, more rv's on the road ,, and more stuff to get ready for the stimulus vacations ;) :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

yes you are right, mine is going for GAS :laugh: :laugh: I will get at least one tank of gas from the check. :) :)

G

well here is the update ,, got the oil changed tonight ,, sanitizing this weekend ,, and still have to do the other ,, plugs ,wires ,cap,rotor ,, but as of now i'm ready,, so all i need is food and the sun and away to the BEACH ,, YEA ;) :approve: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cool: :cool:

*scooter*

Rod, I kinda know how you feel gettin ready for a trip. We are taking a short trip to Disneyland in a couple weeks (about 800 mile r/t), and I have a list of 'to do's ' in my mind. Most of them are relatively simple but time consuming just the same. Don't need to change the oil, but give the coach a good going through. But it's something I look forward to and enjoy. Have a safe fun trip.. :cool: :cool:

H2H1

Scooter you just go and have a good time at Diseyland and be safe drivng. post back your outcome, but first of all enjoy .

G

ok ,, now i have the water thingy done (kinda,, my drain is so slow) anyway ,, as for that i'm done ,, all that is left is for the DW to do her stuff inside ,, but still have to fire up the fridge ,, i did this 2 yr's ago ,, and found out that i had a bad element ,, that shorted out the board for the fridge (oh well ) but now i still have the plugs to put in and the cap and rotor stuff ,, but it will get done soon ,,, ;) :approve: :approve: :laugh: :laugh:

G

ok got the plugs in ,, and the cap and rotor done ,, but still have to do the wires ,, seems that there is a back order on them for my MH ,, (i hope i get them before may) anyway ,, i'm already to go and relaxed also ,, as soon as the plug wires get here,, i'll be 150% ready to go ,, all is working ,, as of now ,, so ,, just waiting for the time to count down to get away ,, and bty i have told the locals at MB to save me the best spot they have ,,, ( on the beach that is)
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :laugh: :laugh: :evil: :evil: :evil: :clown: :clown: :approve: :approve: :approve:

H2H1

oh Rod you are so spoiled. JK :laugh: I got 21 days and counting.

DL Rupper

3 more days and I might be "on the rode again". I hope ya'll enjoy your trips. :cool:

G

well i found out today ,, after a long phone conversation with cummins ,, my spark plug wires are on very long back order ,, they said they have been that way for over a month ,, and the way it looks ,, i may not get them till next MAY ,, it's that long of list ,, i cked locally ,, and know one offers them for my coach ,, so i'm stuck with buying and waiting it ,, from the dealer ,, but i must say ,, my current plug wires are ok ,, as of now ,, so i'll go with the flow ,, and hope for the best :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :evil: ;) :eek:

G

Ok ,, Tex u let the cat outta the bag ,, but darn u ,, i had everyone going ,, so i thought ,, but anyway ,, no plugs,, no cap,, and no wires ,,, but it was good while it lasted ,,, :eek: :eek: :eek: :approve: :approve: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bleh: :bleh: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :clown: :clown: :blackeye: :blackeye:

elkhartjim

Wait a minute. I just spent an hour under, over and beside and a can't find the distributor with wires running out on my cummins. Heck, I don't even know if its an 8 cyl or 12 or it may be syrup bucket 4 cyl engine so therfore I don't know how many wires to be looking for. Help! Its a 325 cummins. Come on dl and help me smell tne smoke.

G

it was good while it lasted ,, huh JIM ,,, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :clown: :clown: :clown: :evil: :evil:
Bty i pmed DL and Tex ( :dead: ) and Ken about this post ,, but everyone else did not pickup on it ,, now go figure ,, i own a DP and that should have been the clue ,, i even put hints in other post about it ,, well we know that not all know the rigs out there ,, but it was kinda like the post FR thingy ,, and it was fun ,, sorry to all u newbes out there ,, but we are haveing fun now :eek: :eek: ;) ;) ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :clown: :clown: :clown: :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:

G

Well to let u all know ,, i'm ready to take off at anytime ,, all the rv maint stuff ,, DONE ,, the tools are packed ,, so now all i have to do is wait on the DW to do her thing ,, inside the coach ,, but still gonna ck the fridge about 2wks before we leave ,, so as of now ,, i'm kicking back and watching all the other family members gettin frantic ,, my part is done ,, so there ,,, NO PROBLEMS
;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :approve: :approve: :approve: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

elkhartjim

You pmed Tex, Dl and Ken about this hoax and I've spent hours looking for wires. That's it Rod...we're finished, I thought we were buds, oh well. I'm not going to let you have the discounted price on my deisel or as a matter of fact Im going to hord the 50000gallons I stock piled....ya'll allwill come a running. do I hear $3.80 a gallon? Might spare some.