getty-up-go

DL Rupper

Re: getty-up-go

It's a great place. I camped there in a tent 50 years ago. My family camped there 35 years ago. My son camped there in a tent and we visited there 13 years ago. Beautiful place. :) Of course I lived in Utah for my first 35 years. I'm a little biased.

G

hey Hollis ,, no prob on the free stuff ,, since u'r in town why not ,, if i came to u ,, u would need tex's bank acount for just the call out, and there is the parts ,, price ,, hell ,, if u get up this way in the fall let me know ,, i'll be glad to fix a fellow rvusa's rv, and i just might charge u a sixpack for the trip :eek: ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
But for sure ,, Hollis let me know when u'r gonna be near me ,, i love to drive ,, and ifin u'r in PF or GAt ,, even better ,, gives me a reason to go there ;) :approve: :approve: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

utmtman

You have missed the changes than DL. They put in a nice asphalt road thru the reservation. The pines that used to make that lake so nice and shady got hit by that dang beetle that wiped out a lot of them. They improved on the upper campground. They made the beaches off limits to atv's and motorcycles. Matter of fact made whole area off limits to atvs and the such. Than the little old lady who owned the mountain from the damn down to the reservation got old and sold out and now there are a bunch of summer homes and cabins being built along in there. So good and bad its still a great place to camp and fish. I stay down the valley at Picadillys RV park its a little place on the highway going up to Mountain Home.

DL Rupper

Lee, I'll have to go back in the next year or so and check it out. The last couple of times we camped in the Rock Creek area. I think it was Yellow Pine Forest Service Campground on the edge of the Reservation and down stream of a big ol Dam. We drove over to Moon Lake. We wanted to stay there, but at the time I didn't think my 30 foot 5'er would fit in the small pads they had in the campground.