Global Warming

nomadmom

Just thought I would share this tid bit of information with everyone. On this day in 1953 San Diego reached a record high of 88 degrees. In mid-January, can anyone believe it.

So apparantly Global Warming had begun way back in the 1950's :laugh:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Global Warming

Actually I read a statement that for the last 6 years, the Earth has been cooling about a degree a year. Has the Global Warming Activists dumb founded as to what to say next.

DL Rupper

It's all about power and certain parties in and out of government that want to control everything we do. :eek:

nomadmom

It's the biggest scam of our generation. Something along the lines of the Emperor's Clothes and Chicken Little

OH, wait, news just in, The sky really is falling :eek: :angry: :eek: :angry:

rjf7g

No doubt about it, we need to be good stewards of the Earth. I am seeing my school district and local government spend money on lights that turn on when someone walks in the room, green roofs, and so on...it reminds me of the build up to Y2K. There were a lot of people who made a lot of money about that, we were required to file monthly action reports with the state dept of education and we had one "school zone" sign that didn't roll over properly.

I grew up in the 70's, so I turn off lights when I leave a room and check the insulation around my doors and windows annually...waste not, want not...give a hoot, don't pollute...only YOU can prevent forest fires.

G

i know this isn't global warming ,, but TN just passed a new hay tax ,, it is ment to tax all the local farmers that sell hay even more ,, but get this ,, if u exceed 5,000 bails or more per cutting ,, then u'r exempt from the tax ,, now what kinda BS is this ???? I have to pay more taxes on the few bails i get ,, and also pay the taxes on the guy who bails more then me ,, just because he bails more than the min?????? This ain't right ,, but also in the same breath ,, the local CO-OPs are getting in on this ,, they want a tax exempt to all hay farmers ,, cause they buy most of the hay they sell locally ,, and if they buy with a big tax on it then they have to sell it for more and the ball keeps rolling and rolling ,, if u know what i mean ,,, sorry ,, back to global warming :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

G

There u go john,, as of this moment i will be stting my big round bailer to put out small bails ,, but the TN tax thing is on bails bigger than 4ft round :disapprove: ,, and that's what i bail ,, but who knows where it will go from here ;) ;)

H2H1

HEY ROD why not go back to square bales. Do they have a tax on square bales? If not, that might throw a wrench in there tax structure.

brodavid

But to feed a herd from small bales is back breaking so all they can could is drop the tax, it is from the earth and after you feed the herd it will go back to the earth.

rjf7g

Working in the public sector, I am paid by your taxes. But this tax on small farmers seems crazy. So, can the co-op work around this with you? That is, if the co-op works with 10 farmers to bail 101 bails each as a co-op and you don't "sell" your bails but you contribute them to the co-op in exchange for goods and services of comparable value...

DL Rupper

Strange. I just heard on the News it snowed in Baghdad. First time in anyone's memory. Guess it's part of the Global Warming scare. I know somehow they are going to say it's connected and this is further proof. Go figure. :dead: :eek:

nomadmom

I heard on my local news that it does snow in Baghdad but rarely. They also said that in Baghdad snow is considered an omen of peace. Go figure :8ball: We shall see....wuuuuuuuuu

H2H1

RE: Global Warming

brodavid,I know it back breaking, That what I had to do when I was a young boy. everyday after school in the summer it was cutting raking then bale, pick up the bale and take to the barn and store for winter. So I know it's work but I think it would save on thier taxes if there is no tax on square bale..