Gloves Anyone

DL Rupper

I just saw a new low in handling a sewer hose and fresh water hose a couple of weeks ago. The new RV neighbor pulled up and preceded to hook up his RV sewer/water connections. He opened his compartment and pulled out a plastic box about 18 inches by 30 inches with a closed lid and pulls his SEWER HOSE and FRESH WATER WHITE HOSE out of the same enclosed plastic container and connected them. Of course he didn't use any gloves either. He probably went in the RV and ate his lunch right after without washing his hands.

HEALTHFUL HINT: I buy a package of 50 disposable vinyl/latex gloves and use a fresh pair every time I handle the sewer hose and connections. Costs all of $5 every 2 or so months. Also I spray my fresh water hose connectors and RV Park water taps with alcohol or bleach solution every time I connect or disconnect them. You never know what has been placed over the RV Park taps and rinsed out. :dead:

SnowbirdInFlight

RE: Gloves Anyone

Yuck!
crap.gif

My DH always wears gloves and he would NEVER put the sewer and FW hoses together! How in the world can people be that dumb and nasty?
gaah.gif

Browzin

Re: Gloves Anyone

Just goes to prove that it doesn't take intelligenice err umm intelligeence err umm maybe its intelligence
to be an RV'er

kernewek

No comment on the gloves, some people use them some don't , but how do you know it was his fresh water hose, because it was white? Maybe it was an old one, when I bought a new fresh water hose, I relegated my old white hose to sewer rinsing duty :question:

SnowbirdInFlight

kernewek - 7/20/2007 5:15 PM .....how do you know it was his fresh water hose.....

As DL said the guy got BOTH hoses out of the SAME container.
yuck.gif
I'm sure he saw the guy hook one up to the sewer and one up to the fresh water. Why would you want to put the sewer hose and the fresh water hose in the same container? It's yucking no matter how you look at it.
duh.gif
And IMHO gloves are a must when handling the sewer hoses. Either that or be sure to have some good hot soapy water to wash your hands off with before touching anything else. I mean if you don't wear gloves, you have contaminated your hands with germs. Then you go touch your door handle, your steering wheel
drive1.gif
, your keys, everything! That's just nasty! I personally prefer the disposable non-latex gloves but, they are very cheap. It's just not worth getting sick over.
osick.gif

C Nash

I keep my sewer hose and a white "old hose" together. The old white hose is used for flushing the tank. I hook it up while emptying the holding tanks for rinse. Some come up and think I am filling my fresh water tank at the dump:eek: Hmmm, does everyone use gloves when going to the bathroom :eek: :laugh: Same thing aint it :laugh: JUST KIDING yes I use gloves when dumping :eek:

DL Rupper

Hey Guys, the fool hooked up the white fresh water hose to the park fresh water tap and then to his city water receptacle on the RV. I watched the whole procedure totally fascinated.

I keep an old, old white hose I use to connect to my in-tank (black) flusher. However, no one would mistake it for a fresh water white hose. It is about 15 years old and is dirty grey. Keeps on going just like a diehard battery.

Disposable gloves are so easy. Every time I connect or disconnect I always get drippy sewer water on my disposable gloves. Can't imagine not using them. When I'm done I just take hold of the glove cuff with the other gloved fingers and roll one off and then use the clean inside of it, to grab the other glove cuff and roll it off. I never touch the outside of the used gloves with my bare hands. Of course I then wash my hands. If you just use any old gloves, you have to pick them up each time and take them back off. The germs and nasty stuff are still on the gloves and transfer to your hands. You might as well not use gloves if you don't use the disposable type. Of course there are individuals that think their *&$# doesn't stink. : So I guess they think their *&#$ dosen't have germs either. But, how about their significant others *&$#. :laugh: :laugh:

OpenRoads

I use an old white hose for flushing, and occasional gray tank draining. However, I have wrapped black electrician's tape around each end of the hose.

Although I keep them separate, I don't want to have an occasional brain Fart, and get a mouth full of ship me over Sgtmajor ;) , if I get them mixed up. :laugh: The disposable gloves are great. :approve:

DL Rupper

I was jogging this morning (slowly) around the campground and low and behold there was a RV'er rinsing his sewer hose with the water coming out of the Park spigot. Of course he had the sewer hose shoved right up to the water tap. He had an Dept of Defense sticker on his windshield and a set of eagle wings indicating he was a full bull colonel in one of the branches of the military (certainly not a Marine). Anyway being a colonel I would think he would have been intelligent enough to know better. The good news is he was wearing disposable gloves while handling the sewer hose.

Bottom Line: It's a real good idea to carry a bottle of bleach solution or alcohol to rinse the park water taps before hooking your fresh water hose up. :bleh:

ARCHER

Hey DL, I would have marched right up to him and said, lookie here sir.....and told him exactly what he was doing wrong and right. Maybe he thinks it was ok to do what he was doing.
Well, being an old E-5 in the Corps taught me to respect our Officiers, but to also PROTECT them.
Yup, SEMPER FI DL

Poppa

Gloves are the right way to go. There is always the possibility that you could get 1 little bacteria in a scrape or cut that you didn't catch when washing your hands then its Katy bar the doors. Ther are some out there that take the cake, had one set his cup of coffee down tighten up his black hose pick up his coffee took a sip and walked the the front of his MH :blackeye:

campaddict

RE: Gloves Anyone

WOW! :eek: I would never have thought that someone would be stupid enough to store their fresh & waste hoses together! My 2 year old son has an immune system deficiency and you better believe I will be swabbing down every connection we now come across! Thanks for bringing this situation to light!

sharring

A lot of times those gloves are available at the dollar store. A dollar a box full. People do not realize just how sick they could be from not being real careful. What ever the cost, spend the money!