going full time

H2H1

got yeah, I submitted my resignation today going full time:laugh: not working any more except when and how I want to.:approve: . The boss is wanting to talk me into staying awhile longer, but now right no way. I would like to go rving more and will. two weeks out isn't enough IMHO.:laugh: :laugh: :bleh:

G

RE: going full time

way to go Hollis ,, u bum ,, and rub it in ,, but good for u now get out there and travel :eek: ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove:

DL Rupper

Re: going full time

Hey hollis, get serious and go out for the whole summer or fall or winter or ????????????????? ;)

H2H1

DL, I would love that, but the wife has promise to keep the grand baby 2 day a week and now that is cutting in on our time. I know we will start out doing a lot more traveling soon, I just don't know how soon. BYW found out last night that the daughter is expecting again :laugh:

DL Rupper

Hollis, get Maria and get out of town fast. Otherwise you will be locked into grand babies forever. They are cute and nice, but nobody will remember, years later, what you sacrificed to tend them. We had the same choice, but stayed out west (way, way away) as much as possible. I'm sure this post will bring a lot of negatives from grandmas. My wife stayed home and raised our kids, so now she says it's her turn to get out of the house (stick house) and enjoy. ;)

H2H1

DL you are so right. I am going to start pushing for longer time out, maybe the whole summer or all next fall of next year . for now just short trips.

DARLING

That is the reason we live i Florida & our grand daughter is in Maryland.

We/I raised ours child it is not our responsiblility to raise our grand baby's.

Your daughter had the child, they need to raise them.

WE have freinds whose children "EXPECTED" their retired parents to care for the grandchildren because they have nothing else to do

DARLING

Now is You & Maria's Time

You gave notice. Have Maria give notice.

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder... Give them a chance to miss you both.

Darlin :cool:

Shadow

Congratulations on your retirement and the grand baby. Get out and travel as much as your health and budget can stand. The rest will take care of it's self.
Happy for you Hollis. It's a good problem to have. :)

H2H1

thank Butch, I am retired from the federal work force and have been working for a Govt Contractor for about 3 years. I just want to enjoy my life as I want to and as long that I have good health I going to start. RV,ing is name of the game getting out more and staying longer :laugh:

utmtman

Glad to see you taking them big steps Hollis. Maybe you will like it enough to go fulltimin. Any way you decide to go just be safe and have all the fun you can have while your still young enough to enjoy it.

Kirk

The key question is, why did you retire? If the answer is that you wanted to become a babysitter, then it looks as though you have been a success. But if you did so to enjoy your life, it is time to get started!

We have been full-time now for eight years and we don't spend a great deal of time at the kids homes but we manage to be special people in the grandkids lives anyway. We take them out with us in our RV for time away from the rest of the family. Once grandchild at a time. When they reach years they then can fly to where we are and each of ours get to do that for a week or two, every couple of years. In that way, we have truly quality time with each one and they do not have to compete with even their own parents for our time.

DARLING

Kirk

Super suggestion. When our grand daughter gets old enough that will be the way to go. :)

Darlin :cool:

H2H1

Kirk like I said before I retired back in 2005 form the government because of a regulation which is 20 years plus age 57 you go. But if you got hired early you can put in quite a few years before you reach age 57. So once I was retired I was recruited by the federal contractor to come to work for them doing what I was doing for the Govt. I have been when the contractor for 3 years and the stress was getting to me so I quit. I would love to get out more but as fuel /gas keep getting higher our time out will fewer than last year. but most of all I love my grands kids

raskal

RE: going full time

Yep, we love he kids as well but they're scattered between Virginia and where ever the USN sends the two currently posted in CA. Can't be everywhere so we go where the weather suits the clothes we have in the 5er and make sure we help them to aford to visit us when we drop the anchor.

SEMPER FI

DL Rupper

If you just drop an anchor, you can sing Anchor's Away and be on the road fast. Sounds like you got it down pat. :laugh:

Anchor's Away????? What am I thinking of. Maybe you can work the Marine Corps Hymn in there somehow. :eek: ;)